Thursday, November 27, 2008

November 26, 2008

What an eventful week! I am surprised! It has been pretty eventful there as well it sounds.

We received our transfer calls- I am staying in beloved Jeongup, but my companion is gone. I am actually on a train right now going home from Daejeon. I’m taking an Elder Hill down to my area and will be picking my new companion, Elder Boyce up in Iksan. Guess what. He's from Idaho Falls! The Idahoans are going to rip it up in Jeongup. I'm really excited. He was our jr. zone leader this last transfer.

I don't even know where to start with this crazy week. The baptisms went flawless on Sunday- and we found out a lot more to everyone’s stories. The hand of the lord is really in everything. All of them were in the same Korean class back in Cambodia before they came here. None of them knew each other and Prak happened to get Lous Boon's number before they left- Lous Boon happened to be living with Sam-Sok-Haein who met the missionaries. Prak called Lous Boon to see where he lived and turns out they lived in the same town! And Prak happened to be looking for God's true church and asked them what church they were attending since they were here. Which was ours. Then 5 more came (two of which were baptized last Sunday) and one had been a Buddhist monk for 8 years- took a break to earn money and became converted to our church. He says he'll follow Christ for the rest of his life. So many miracles, just too many for one email.

Well I don't know when my stop is... I don’t think I have much more time... so if it just ends you'll know why...

So then the drama...ah! The factory Prak works at. Their boss is a jerk. He’s really actually a terrible person. He doesn't always pay them; doesn’t feed them sometimes- anyway I’d like to say a thing or two to him. Luckily I don't speak Korean... ha-ha. Anyway. Last night apparently something happened and now three of the four that are supposed to be baptized next week are moving. I am so sad. We’ll find out for sure tonight what exactly is going on. I don't entirely understand everything myself. BUT everything will be fine. I prayed about it and that was the feeling I got. We are of course really sad though.

Today is thanksgiving! Weird. No turkey in Korea. ha. Doesn’t exist. I guess today we're going out to eat as a district. The Perriton’s gave us all 15 bucks to go have dinner with. It should be sweet.

I am really excited for this next transfer! Last transfer was just awesome- Elder Mitton was sweet. I love that guy. Best comp yet. Hopefully elder Boyce will be even better! That’s how it's been going! haha. We have a really great area too. The ward is really excited about missionary work. sweet- Well I’ll probably be back on a little later if elder Boyce hasn't emailed yet.

I forgot to say that I got grandpa's package! that was great...I did open it. I love his fruit roll ups. I wrote both he and grandma today. I will hopefully send it tomorrow. Sister Perriton is going to start holding people's packages for Christmas. I guess there is a big Christmas party and they'll give them out there. It should be a lot of fun- “choose the right” bracelets is a way sweet idea! They would totally dig that here! You cant' get a lot of church stuff here like that. You can't even get mesh garments. Just cotton. We’re blessed in the states! haha. I didn't got buy thermals- I’m glad your sending them! That will be great! Grandpa and grandma Thorkelson are going to send shirts? I was going to go buy new ones- long sleeves for winter...I only have 4 or 5 long sleeves and the rest are short. So if that's what they are doing have them send a few long sleeves.

That's so crazy dad got his appendix out! I can't believe it!

Oh, no more snow...but it is freezing today!! ha-ha...maybe it will snow tonight cause it rained during the day. Well I better go. Still need to eat! I am starving. I didn't eat breakfast, had chips for lunch...wow...transfer days are crazy. My comp is elder Boyce. He’s really great. It will be a sweet transfer. Well got to go! Lots of work to do!

Much love- elder Thorkelson

p.s.- eat a whole pumpkin pie for me...that sounds sooo delicious!!

No comments: