Thursday, April 2, 2009
April 2, 2009
HAPPY BIRHTDAY MOTHER DEAR!
ONE YEAR OLDER AND WISER.
I left Naju! I was surprised to only stay there one transfer. I moved way back up north! haha. In a place called...ChoongJu. I am pretty sure they spell it ChungJu but they don't know a “u” doesn't make an “oo” sound. haha. It’s actually right above my greenie area CheungJu. It’s a bigger city than JeungEup or Naju. 200,000 people I heard and there's a university. So it's a nice balance between city and country. For general conference we will be going to my greenie area so hopefully I will see SoYoun while I am there!!
My new comp is Elder Brown from Mississippi! Funny guy- we'll get along just great. I am excited. He gave me the low down on the bus ride up here. Sounds like the ward is just sweet and we have a few really good investigators.
I am officially old. I don't think I ever thought I could get any older than 20. But, here I am 21. Korean age throws everything off cause I’ve been 22 since January...so I’ll be used to that for when I come home. haha. I’ll even be 23 for a while before I come home.
I haven't got any packages yet cause of the move. I’ll probably get it here in the next few days. A member bought me a cake in Naju last night literally as I was leaving getting on a bus. haha...a sweet potato cake! Koreans love their sweet potatoes!!! It was yummy. Tonight we have a dinner appointment because it's my birthday I guess! So that will be fun. Oh, and packages are never opened when I get them. Never have had any problems.
Shoes. I’ll see if I can't find some shoes here- if not I’ll be sending you my size. Hopefully I will have some luck. I’ll have to send granny a photo of me in my holy socks. haha. That will be funny.
Yeah they do raise dogs like cattle. I saw it on our way to the restaurant. haha. I wasn't scared about it being sketchy mutt dog soup. Our branch president wouldn't take us to a lame place. It’s the places in town you have to watch out for those are really cheap. haha. And actually not many people eat dog anymore. A lot of people think it's gross, just country folk. haha.
Kick butt dad! You can do it. Everyone here thinks it's way sweet that you paint. I get a lot of, whaaaaa! and ohhhh's! from people. haha.
Oh while we were at the mission office I wanted to ask president to call you and tell you I was coming home for April fools day. I couldn't find him amongst the transfers confusion and I actually forgot...so you can pretend I got you. It’s probably best I didn't do that. You should trick someone for me. ha.
The messages came through from friends. Fun! I actually had a dream with Cynda in it last yesterday! I wanted to tell her hello. In my dream she only knew Korean and she was still a hair school student. We were on a bus going somewhere. Ha. Anyway, and Jenna got married!? Weird! That’s cool I guess. haha. Everyone is getting hitched. I don't know who I’ll hang out with when I get home if everyone keeps going like this. Good grief.
Well I am starving!!! I didn't eat breakfast cause we had to get up at 5:45 this morning to catch our train from Naju to Daejeon. It’s 2:00 pm now. I might die. Ah! The church is still true!! Love you all!
Elder T'Jae Lance Thorkelson
톨커슨 장로 - 사랑해요.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy Birthday T'Jae! I know that you won't see this but I just wanted to tell you anyways. Love ya!
Post a Comment