Ohh. My. Goodness. Germany is AWESOME. totally radical. The people
here are actually just as nice and friendlz as back in the good ol' US
of A. Give them a smile and a wave, and they'll smile right back!
haha. Sure, their face may be grumpy and stoic right before that...
but they're all nice if you give them the smallest of chances.
My companion is Elder Lersch, he's from Frankfurt and speaks pretty
excellent english as well as perfect Deutsch. I'll go up to a person
on the street and ask a question, and when I have no idea what they
just said- I look to him and he will back me up.
We are both serving here in Heide. Heide is a cool town north of
Hamburg, so we are close to the sea! woot woot. We are both brand new
here which is a little strange. Usually they just switch out one
missionary at a time, but this time we are both new (which apparently
is called a 'white wash'). we actually went to Büsum yesterday to
visit some contacts and we saw the sea! super cool. Earlier in the
week we went to Rendsburg for a district meeting and we saw the
Nord-Osst canal (or something like that) it's the canal that connects
the Seas on either side of Germany. HUGE ships sail through there all
of the time. Super cool.
Because we are both new to the area, it is taking a while to figure
out where the missionaries before us have searched. We keep on calling
the missionaries that were here before us. It's a silly situation.You
asked about the smells here... it either smells either awesome,
nothing, or like poop. simple as that. Grocery stores have so much
awesome candy! ridiculous. I had no idea Haribo had so many different
candies! I will have to take a picture of a candy rack sometime. I
have a bunch of pictures to send to you. but I still have a bunch of
space left on my memory card so..... I'll keep it for a while. haha.
My address is
Elder Thorkelson
Hamburger Str. 89a
25746 Heide
Germany
Germany is awesome.
Love,
Elder Thorkelson
No comments:
Post a Comment