Monday, April 22, 2013

April 22, 2013




Momma...
I'm so glad that you got the package! I was so worried about it. (I actually forgot to put a return address on it...). But I'm glad that now I can relax and know that you all recieved it without any problems :) 'cmr'? I have no idea... I would need some more context... maybe it's my bad handwriting?? The Berlin beanies were super legit! I hope the boys like them! Haha. The cool dude that trained me? that would be (The former Elder) Jared Bossart! He's from Boise. He's super cool.

But what would I want in a package... umm.... I really liked the swedish fish (they don't exist in Germany!) maybe Sour Patch Kids? I'm not totally sure what else I would want... maybe ranch. Or pictures of the family :) I can find everything else here in Germany, socks, ties, shirts, all that stuff. The clothing is all so much more stylish here :P haha. Skinny ties all over the place. Is the fad in America yet where all of the guys have hair like Teej did? shaved on the sides and long on top? Absolutely everyone here has it. It's kinda silly... but I'm kinda doing it to so that I can fit in :)

Germany is so awesome! The buildings are so hardcore! And yes, graffiti is all over, but I'm usually okay with it as long as it's well done and it's not somewhere stupid (like on a church, or an old man's house). 


So everything is getting set up for the Sisters to come here to Kassel! They will be here at the beginning of May, and hopefully I will be here also! I would be so disappointed to move out as soon as there are some good changes going on here in Kassel! I have already been here for 3 transfers, so there is actually a pretty good chance that I will leave... bah... we'll see. Bruder Habermann and I were trying to work out a way to ensure that I would stay here in Kassel (Like scheduling an interview to happen next week, so he has to call Präsident Kosak and tell him that I have to stay). (Bruder Habermann is my GML here in Kassel, and yesterday we met together and had GMK (Gemeinde Missions Korrelation ).

Today we had our awesome Dienst (service) Projekt at the Kasseler Tafel, and we were able to talk about our beliefs the entire time! haha. It's so funny. The first time that we went in there, the guy in charge said that we shouldn't approach people about religious things... and to remember that we are here to do service, and not to do missionary work. But it just so happens that everyone finds us to be super awesome, and they love working with us, and THEY ask US about what we believe! cool, right?? I sure think so. Uva even said that he would come to church sometime! Service is really one of the best ways to do missionary work. They were pretty impressed that we are Christians and actually DO something about it. They love that we live what we preach. It's awesome.

This last Sunday (yesterday) we had our Geminde (ward) Konferenz. There were a lot of people from the Pfahl Präsidentschaft. And it turns out that we have a new Zweig (branch) Präsidentschaft! cool, right? I think it will be a good change. Our new Zweig Präsident is super awesome, and we will be working out that we meet with him and talk about his views on missionary work.

On Thursday we had an awesome time at Volleyball. We had 11 people there, and only 4 of them were members (including us). It's so awesome to have people become familiar with coming to church. It will make it just that much easier for them to come to church on Sundays! :D

This week we were trying to go visit a contact who had contact with missionaries before, but we weren't exactly sure how they were named... we just knew that it was a Chinese name... so we ended up trying to contact all of the Chinese people in a big apartment building! - We weren't able to find the person who had contact with missionaries before... but we found a couple of new people who are interested in learning more about the gospel! woohoo! There are always people to find!

On Wednesday I am going to be traveling to Hamburg again for a leadership training meeting thing. It's so far away... ahhh. But we will be spending the night in Hildesheim, so it won't be so ridiculously early to work that out.. and we will be driving there with an Ehepaar... (the senior missionary couple). So it shouldn't be too crazy traveling there.
Transfer calls will be happening this Saturday, and we will see if I stay here in Kassel or move to a new city.
I love you! I love missionary work!
Elder Braden Thorkelson

No comments: