Monday, April 8, 2013

April 8, 2013

Ahhh isn't General Conference just awesome?? I loved it. It's a bit difficult to write right now because we weren't able to listen to the Sunday Afternoon sesson here (because it started here at 22.00 Uhr.. 10 o'clock) so because we weren't able to listen to that before... I am listening to it right now as I read and write emails :) ahhh It's Elder Holland speaking... he's so awesome. This will be an awesome talk, I can already tell. Ah I can't wait to be able to read all of the talks from General Konferenz!
It is quite an interesting thought to think that I was in the conference center a year ago, I only have one more general conference before I go back home... weird, right? yup.

Holy moly, yup lately I've been traveling around a ton lately. And there have just been more things added into the rest of this transfer! ah! This Wednesday we are going to Hannover for a Zone Training Meeting, and then two weeks later we will be going to Hamburg again for a Distrikt Leader thing... crazy crazy crazy.

I DID finally send your package!! :D haha. some of the things may be a little outdated... but naja. that's just the way it is... I wasn't actually able to send it last week like I had planned on doing, but I got it done today. There may be a couple things in there to encourage people to learn German :P hahaha. You'll have to let me know when you get it.

This week we had some good things happen. We were able to get people to English class (and it went really well!) and we got people to Volleyball! in each case there were more investigators than members, and it's getting the investigators more involved with the ward. It's so important to build up those connections, and it seems to be working out really well! At conference this sunday, we had 3 investigators show up to different sessions of general conference. They all had very positive responses to the messages given.

Today we had a service project at the Kassler Tafel, it's an organization that manages food from retailers that is taken off of the shelves, and distributes it to those people that need it. It was way cool! We will be doing that every week from now on. There are only a couple people in the entire organization that get money, it's so cool to see people being christlike and helping others out without the intention of getting paid for it! and I think we will be able to get a couple of referrals from the people there! They are all pretty religious (especially compared to a lot of people that we meet on the streets), and they are sure to have friends that want to learn about the gospel!
The Elders from Göttingen had to come here for general conference because they didn't have a way to see the transmission in Göttingen, so they ended up staying the night with us. It's always good to spend time with other missionaries. I feel like we all have things that we can teach or learn from each other.

I am loving my time here in Germany, I have learned so much about myself and I continue to learn more every day. I love the gospel. I know that it is the way to happiness in this life and the next. I love you all so much and I hope that everything is going well. I pray for you all the time! You're always in my thoughts. I hope that I pass through your mind every now and then.

Thank you for everything!

Elder Braden Thorkelson

No comments: