Monday, July 3, 2017

Día 427 I ate squid!

Good morning fam,
This week was rather emotional and eventful. It was transfer week and
the 2 other Elders I used to live with are now gone. Super lame. Elder
Inzunza was my boy. Him and I could just connect Yanno? On the bright
side, after his companion went home he got to be my companion for a
couple days. Those days were a hoot. He's got a lot of love for the
people he teaches. It was pretty eye opening for me. There always
something to improve.

So anyway, it's been pretty lonely, but we found some good ways to use
our time. For one, we used our extra time during dinner to move a bunk
bed into the other room. And we pretty much rearranged he whole
apartment. It actually almost looks like a reasonable apartment now.
There's only one bunk bed in the living room instead of two. Haha so
much more space. We moved the couch in there as well so it feels like
a different place. Haha. 💁🏼‍♂️

Our new district is sweet though. And massive. There are now 10 people
in our district so that'll be a hoot. Oh and we shuffled our cars
around and finally got Darla back. And the people didn't even finish
fixing her so we are gonna have to take her back soon. Dang it.

 I turned Japanese for the day. This member from a
different ward helped us bring our temporary car back to the mission
office, so we caught a ride home with him. On the way back he's like,
Hey can we stop somewhere real quick? Like, uh, sure. Lol. Next thing
we know we are outside this sketchy Japanese Grocery store (this
member is half Japanese). Then he ended up buying us a bunch of
Japanese snacks that he grew up on because he is a G. Later that day
we went to his house, as scheduled, to chat and visit. He's like,
"would you guys try a squid snack?" I was less than enthusiastic about
it, but sure enough he comes out with his favorite snack as a kid,
dried squid. It was weird. And gross. I'm pretty sure I could live
without ever eating it again and I'd be fine. Haha. But yeah, we also
made this different Ramen stuff for lunch. So basically I was Asian
for the day.

#Asianforaday


We had two sweet lessons with a guy named Luis this week. He is sweet.
He reads everything we give him and he really wants to keep learning
more. We prepared a member to help us invite an investigator to
church. So he did so and got her number to remind her and sure enough
she went to church this week! Man, working with the members is sweet.
It's the future of missionary work...

Sunday was great. President Polley and Sister Polley just decided to
show up at the military Branch. It was a little fun surprise. Except
when you fall asleep in church and look behind and they are just
chilling there smiling at you... Lol. Oh well, not gonna pretend I'm
someone I'm not just for President (Life tip: Don't try to fake a
personality no matter who is around you. It's just annoying. Just be
your best self). Our investigator with a baptismal date talked to him
quite a bit. Oh, he also informed us that his fiance wants him to get
baptized in North Carolina, so I guess the date is off. But that
doesn't matter. Haha he is so excited and I know that he will follow
through and be an amazing member. What a guy. Also there were like 10
investigators who chose to come to class, which is a record. One guy
straight up said, "I've been going to church with my gf for over a
year and started taking the missionary lessons. I never finished them
so I wanna do that here and get baptized." Hahaha, President Polley's
face was priceless. Love it.

Yanno I have been contemplating the attribute of patience. Being
religious or not, developing true patience will invite more happiness
and light into your life. To me it's interesting to think that no
matter who you are or what you believe, if you were to develop all of
the attributes that Christ had, you would be happy, fearless, and a
light for everyone. And that's truly what this life is all about.
Becoming better. Turning from the bad and seeking that which is good.
It's not about frustration or confusion or making someone else
frustrated or confused. It's about becoming one with the good of the
world.

I love you all. Keep me updated. Stay out of trouble. Do what's right.

<3 span="">
Élder Tórkelson




No comments: