| Live Tweet |
This week was a pretty solid week! It started off pretty solid. We met
a lady who wants to be baptized,but she has just been struggling with
smoking for a little while... It is fine. We made a lot of contact
with people. Ohhhhh. Wednesday was the best day.
So these active members were like, if you need service, we got a lawn
that needs some work... Now these members look fully capable of doing
it themselves, but we are kind and we hadn't worked on a yard in a
long time to we took the offer. It was fun. Their yard was a mess but,
we mowed it and edged it and it ended up looking many times better.
However it was blazing hot. So afterward we were wrecked and covered
in grass. To be honest, I just wanted to take a nap, but that was the
natural man talking to me, so I overpowered it and decided to shower
and get to work. Well, And we had dinner immediately, so we were sorta
rushed. Dinner was good. Then we met up with a member, who is a super
chill dood. We visited a less active. Then we went to visit an
investigator. When we got there, they were like, we wanna play some
ball, but we don't have a ball... So I was like, hey... We got one in
the car, you wanna go play?
So straight up we followed them to the south side of town at this lit
up court and we played 21. Our member was fully engaged as well. This
is the first time I have played some good ole pros-ball. However,
since being with Elder Hulme, my B-Ball skills have improved. My mid
range shot is pretty good and my tipping skills were just on point
that night. Basically we wrecked them and I ended up with the win. It
was the first time I had beaten my companion. I was pumped. The guys
we were playing took moments to record us and apparently that whole
apartment complex has seen us on Facebook... Lol. Before we left, the
whole apartment was like, "You gonna play those church guys?" And they
said Yeah and chuckled about it... Well... HA. So that was a fun
night. However, I forgot to place bets... Next time.. After that we
had a solid lesson with a sweet investigator. Poor guy, we were all
sweaty and gross.
The next night, we met this sweet family. They are a part member
family and they have a 9 year-old granddaughter... Turns out she
really wants to get baptized and so we went back the next day to start
teaching the lessons. She was super focused and paid really good
attention. Also their cousins were there and sat in on it... At the
end we set a baptismal date and they came to church yesterday! All the
cousins too! It was super cool. That was a nice little blessing the
Lord bestowed upon us. Oh also, the grandpa has been investigating for
15 years and believes everything, but he's waiting for a spiritual
"2x4 to hit him in the head." We literally might go get a 2x4 and
write "spiritual" on it for the next lesson. He's a jokester and loves
missionaries. He made us good Mole and he might take us fishing...
Gotta love em.
We also had a lesson with the Chavez family. Sister Chavez was
baptized the week before we got here and she is super solid. I love
their family. That night I went home all happy inside.
Saturday was just weird and hot and super moist.
It's been foggy outside every morning.
Sunday was super great and kinda silly. So there were two other
investigators besides all the kids who went to church. Finally! (and
it was the guy who's house we sweat all over after playing
basketball). They are great... Except of course, you know what
happens?? They ask serious questions in Sunday school about little
kids dying and what do all the old people do??? Talk about the
freaking millennium. Really?! Luckily we, along with some younger
folks in there, helped clear it up simply and push the millennium out
of the way.. Listen, to someone who is a baby in the gospel, there is
no need to bring up raising our kids in the millennium. They don't
even know all the commandments! lol.
But anyway, that was fun. we got haircuts today. Finally. It had been ages.
I studied hope and patience this week. Some Christlike attributes I
want to improve. I also like how those attributes are intertwined. We
patiently wait for the things hoped for. I love this church because it
is a church of hope. Of happiness, peace of mind, and love.
I love y'all and hope y'all can experience the joyful hope this gospel
brings! :)
<3 span="">
Élder Thorkelson
201 Highland Dr #511
Taylor, TX 76574
PS also, I wanted to hand write letters last week when I realized the
lack of addresses I had... So i mean... like, send me those addresses.
Haha.3>
No comments:
Post a Comment