This week was a pretty satisfactory week.
We started out alright with a great member on Monday night. He took us
around town and went to a Iesson with us. At the end of the night
during awkward dark time, he took us out to get ice cream. That was
nice.
Tuesday we did service at the food pantry. We basically manage a
station of food and tell people to only take a certain amount. Most
people cooperate with us. They kicked one guy out because he was
cheating the system, so that's fun.
Oh so I forgot to mention last week, but our neighbor, who is an old
guy named Clif, gave us a CD. He told us he makes music with his
Harmonica. It is straight fire. It's him playing church hymns on his
Harmonica over a recorded track... You can only imagine...
Our investigator girl is progressing nicely... Except we have to push
the baptismal date back a week because her parents didn't take her to
church yesterday. Goons! It's okay though. We stopped by yesterday. It
was her brother's birthday so they were celebrating..
Wednesday, we went out contacting in the rain. We got wet. No joke it
flooded worse than when Hurricane Harvey hit us. It was so fun. I love
driving through rivers.
On Thursday we had district meeting and interviews. Originally the
zone leaders had asked me to give a training in zone meeting... Then
zone meeting was discouraged and we just did district meeting. It was
still fun except Sister Polley just wrecked me in my demonstration
role play. First of all, demonstrations are literally the worst.
Second, when Sister Polley is just chilling there it's intimidating.
She critiqued me so hard... But hey, Humility is good... My training
was sweet. I used my Baseball Stat skills to relate it to missionary
work. It was pretty cool. I think they liked it... Only one other
Elder there played baseball... I then talked about how awesome Ammon
is and how eager he was to use his talents and abilities when the
opportunity arose. Neat stuff. :) interviews were good. I got
something from it this time. Lol.
After that we went on exchanges. I went with the new DL Elder Wayman.
Oh man, what a character. He's got a super deep voice and sounds like
a generic Dad. It's great. 😂 We taught a lesson in Spanish. That was
several hoots and a holler. It was fun to see him communicate without
fear in his broken Spanish. He's a good example of no fear. ~ When we
exchanged back we decided to meet at a super ghetto taco place called
Mis Tacos in a tiny town called Thrall. The tacos were super yum.
Let's see, what else...
- We met a cable guy at a members house who was super interested in
learning more. If we hadn't gone, the members would have accidentally
not gotten DVR so we saved their lives. He also told us a scary story
about him driving through a Haboob (yes its a real thing). Terrifying.
- I caught a tiny frog.
- Showed up at a members house randomly. They fed us dinner, and told
us it was perfect timing because a couple of them needed blessings.
Nothing beats following the impressions the spirit gives you.
- met a sweet guy named Dre.
- Got a mute kid to start talking to me. For real, we had visited a
previous time and the kid didn't say anything. His parents said he
doesn't speak much and that he knew a few phrases.... Well last night
after about 25 minutes, he just started talking to me. I felt so
accomplished. It brightened my day.
Also, I read the Family Proclamation to the World this week. I thought
it was very interesting especially with everything that is going on in
the world right now. A sección of it says,
"Further, we warn that the disintegration of the family will bring
upon individuals, communities, and nations the calamities foretold by
ancient and modern prophets."
That hit me hard with the realization that the world at this point has
made the importance of families almost vanish. As that has happened
and as families have been torn apart by the influences of pride, lust,
and greed, the people living in the world have truly gone spiraling
down. We can see the result of that with the increased amount of
human-caused tragedies. I promise and I know that the family truly is
an essential part of God's plan and any force or feeling that attempts
to get in the way of that and demoralize it does not come from our
Loving Heavenly Father. God didn't create us to live for ourselves. He
created us to live for others; resulting in the building up of each
other.
I love y'all! Have a super duper week.❤️
<3 span="">
Élder Thorkelson3>
| cute umbrella |
| cute |
| cute little frog |
| cute ghetto tacos |
No comments:
Post a Comment