Monday, October 23, 2017

Día 539

Hey fam!
This week was fairly good. We actually found some new investigators. Tuesday night we met with one of our investigators who went to church. We didn’t have a lot of time... And I made the mistake of asking the member she lives with about his swords... He proceeded to show us his swords for like 15 minutes. They were pretty cool... Then later, we were like, hey we gotta go when can we come back? She responded with, ¨hey I have an idea... How about we have a lesson at the church after church?¨Lolz, that was too perfect. We had that lesson yesterday and we invited a family. It was perfect. They exchanged numbers and became friends. She is also half way through the Book of Mormon... She is progressing well. It is awesome. 

The next day we did a lot of finding. We talked to a lot of people. Then we were walking through the streets and we hooked a left. I thought this left was going to take us around and back to our truck, but it was a circle... I figured, well hey, there is probably someone around here. So we talked to this guy outside. He was super excited to talk to us. He told us he has been searching for what his purpose in life was. We proceeded to teach the restoration. He was super pumped and wanted a Book of Mormon. He told us that he is never outside, so it was ¨weird¨that we happened to catch him. God puts us where we need to be. 

After District Meeting we went to Roja´s Tacos. It was super yum.
We keep meeting a bunch of Spanish people so thats always fun. 

We are working on getting 2 recent converts to the temple to do baptisms for the dead. It is coming along and I am excited. I want to go to the temple! It has been ages! 

Saturday morning was interesting. We had a community service project. Our ward wanted a ton of people there so we went. The project was to help the community clean up the city of Taylor... It was pretty silly. We pretty much did the job of a city sweeper thing. We took brooms and cleaned up the curbs... Of one street. That was it. lol. It was pretty pointless. But hey, it was a good bonding moment for the church and the rest of the community. We met the Mayor and such. The Mayor loves us, but the church in Taylor has a bad rep for no reason. People just don’t like the mormons here. haha. 

Sunday was a good day. Except it was Stake conference. And the broadcasting is terrible... So we literally missed the first hour of conference... We had 2 investigators at church, but they survived. Elder Hallstrom of the seventy was there and his talk was great. It focused a lot of families. I like families. They are nice. 

Yanno, as I was folding my laundry at the laundromat today I was thinking. I was thinking about how and why so many people dislike Mormons. I started to think about the covenants or promises we make with God as "Mormons." They all have to do with us committing to be more Christ-like. So then I was thinking, well that's a pretty dumb reason for people to dislike us... Then I compared that to Christ's life and the way people treated him although he was perfect and completely selfless... The people were the same! They always have been the same. Doing what is right is super difficult, but in the end, as we worry about others and do what Jesus would do, we will all benefit and have peace of mind. 

Anyway, that was my week, so I mean... I hope y’all are staying happy! 
Bye

Future album cover on a chalk board

Chicken sandwiches... yum

No comments: