Happy New Year I guess. It has been quite a year. It's kinda weird to think about where/who I was just a year ago... I'm a lot happier now. I think it's probably because I've just started living the Gospel of Jesus Christ more fully.. That would explain it.
This week was neato. Well it was pretty boring the first couple days because of sicknesses... But then we went in exchanges with the assistants. That was a good old time. We did service at the Ronald McDonald house and cleaned it up. They had a room that was painted blood red with Disney silhouettes. It was completely terrifying. Then we had some lessons and such. Yanno, good stuff.
The next day was MLC. That was all good and jolly. Except we can't accept money or gift cards in place of meals anymore... So that's sad. Members are going to be so heated. Since then we have obviously been offered several items that we have had to turn down.
Driving back home was really pretty because we drove through hill country. We got to see some mountains (hills).
The next couple days were super solid. They just ended up working out. We met this 80 year old man and taught him the restoration of the Gospel. He was super nice and lonely, but looked as though he would actually read the book of Mormon. He told us all about his life and such. His wife recently passed away, so he had been looking for a roommate.
that must be tough. We will be his friend though! The church would make him so happy!
We also met a part member family... Maybe... We don't have the dad's record, but he's super nice and wants his family to know the Gospel... But he doesn't exactly know what he wants for himself right now... We will see where it goes, but as of right now the daughters are super interested and asked lots of questions... The wife asked a question too, so things look pretty promising. I'm excited!
But that is what has been up here in the Drip. It's a fun place.
I hope we can all look forward to this upcoming year with a positive outlook. I know I am excited for it. I love y'all and I love the Gospel.
Thanks for all the support.
<3 br="">
Élder Thorkelson
3>
No comments:
Post a Comment