Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Día 644 smart phones hoorAy

Hey fam!
This week was pretty neat-o again. 

On Wednesday we got smartphones so it was nice to get rid of our ghetto Lil brick phones. It's weird holding a smart phone. I feel like a sinner, except I use it to bring souls to Christ so it's okay. 

I think this week was pretty good... But we just played a lot of soccer and basketball so I am a tired Elder... I need to regain my thoughts. Hmm... 

Let's hit the highlights

- Elder Price had a bloody nose so of course we used that as an excuse to get into a house. The bearded man was super cool. He likes Mormons, but he wasn't interested.
- met a Spanish guy named Lenovo.
- a former investigator agreed to a lesson with us... Then she told us that she joined another church just a few days ago... It is fine. He member that was with us completely encouraged her so we just rolled with it. A little light is better than no light at all. 💁🏼‍♂️

We contacted a referral... They were Born Again Christians. It didn't go well. So many people are trying to convert us. Lolz. First they say that we are saved, so it doesn't matter... But apparently we are just believing everything wrong. Apparently the leaders of our church are corrupt and the simplified version of the Bible is a lot more correct than the Book of Mormon. I love when people think they know about our church and say, "You don't know anything about your church! They are all wrong!" Okay.. It's fine though. I just bore my testimony of the Book of Mormon and and how there is nothing evil about it. It felt really good. Then we left. :) 

I just really love Elder Holland's quote from his great great Grandpa: “No wicked man could write such a book as this; and no good man would write it, unless it were true and he were commanded of God to do so.”

Saturday was fun town. We interviewed a guy for some Elders in our zone. That went well. Then we did Spanish study with them. What a hoot. I really like that district. After that there were disputations for where we should eat dinner... We decided on Chick-fil-A. Of course. And crazy thing happened. This guy walks in and sees us. Then he calls us over and says that he wants to pay for us. It felt like I was a a Utah missionary for a moment. Turns out he's from Herriman! He was in town for work. It was Kaden Schmidt's Dad. We were acquaintances in high school so we were able to chat about some trunky, home-related things. It's the little things.

On Sunday we had two investigators at church! That was neat. One guy walked in in the middle of sacrament. Then near the end he asked where the bathroom was... And never returned... But hey! He went! So we were happy. We will see him later. Our other investigator has gone 4 times now and it appears that she is becoming more interested in the church itself rather than just the feeling of community. So that's great that she is getting both. 

Sunday night at dinner I got what was called the "I love you" plate... And there were 3 families at dinner. Everyone had to say "I love you because..." It was super awkward especially when there are teenage girls saying "I love you." So yeah, I got enough compliments for the next year. Hahaha. 

Man, the church is just a good thing. For me, it clicks. I'm grateful for the specific plan that God has for me and the spirit that aligns me with His plan. It brings joy. 

I love you all. Endure to the end. 

<3 br="">
Élder Thorkelson


No comments: