This week was pretty above average.
At service we destroyed a lot of gross dressers and desks. That was fun. I live destroying furniture. Then we jumped in a huge dumpster full of broken furniture and we had to rearrange it so that it would be dump-able.
The next day our plans got a little mixed up and it was a nice day, so I said, Hey let's go do companion study at the park. So we went and actually had an amazing contact there. She was super nice and wanted to learn more about the Book of Mormon. She gave us all her contact information and things are looking good. :) later that night we visited a member family in the ward and talked about mission lessons and such. It was very enlightening. Oh and then he showed us all his animals... They were dead. I got a picture with a lion... This particular member owns 4000 acres in South Africa, so he has some wild animals. He had a hippo skull... And a table made out of giraffe legs. And a lot of other things.
Thursday was a wild day. We had interviews with President. It was fun fun. Then I went on exchanges with a good pal named Elder Dowdle. We had an amazing lesson. I don't know how else to explain it besides that Elder Dowdle and I were in harmony with each other. It was such a happy feeling. This lady came out of nowhere, we answered a ton of questions in the context of the Plan of Salvation while also teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She basically invited herself to be baptized after reading a scripture. So we set her with a date for the end of April. She told us that she hadn't felt that happy in a long time and she has been progressing well ever since. It was truly amazing. I haven't had a lesson like that... Perhaps in my whole mission. Elder Dowdle was a hoot and a half.
On Saturday we did more service for a less active Sister in the ward. We hung up more dry wall and it was an exciting time. She is crazy. Also, she is very artistic, along with her family, so she basically told me what I should do with my life... I may or may not disagree with her. Lolz. I will figure out my life.
So I am almost done with my mission, so I thought I would reflect on some things that I have learned about life. Firstly, happiness. Let's see, before the mission the things that made me happy were different... And it provided a different kind of happiness. Things like buying a new long board. Making a cool design. Finding a new band. A girl flirting with me... You know, the regular stuff. It's all good stuff, not bad, but the joy it brought was all temporary... The happiness I have found in the mission is the happiness that comes from the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It comes from serving others. Sharing what is ours with others. Fresh in my mind is a recollection of the thousands of people I have met in the mission. The happiest people I have met, member or nonmember, are those who have completely forgotten about themselves and worry about others first. They are those who love to share their talents and gifts with others and focus completely on becoming better everyday. You cannot make yourself happy. Making others happy is definitely the way to true joy.
I love you all and I want nothing but the best.
️




No comments:
Post a Comment