Saturday, March 10, 2018

Día 672 dying in the Drip Drip Drip

Hey fam!
Well today was transfer call out day. I will be spending my last days as a missionary here in good Ole Dripping Springs. It's a really weird thought. I never thought I would be here. It all happened so fast!

This week was actually pretty bomb I must say. We reevaluated some things, I set some personal goals and put them to action, and now I feel a lot more productive. Also we have been setting daily goals better and for some reason we had a lot more lessons and met a lot more people. It was great! We met some fun Hispanic people. They are so nice and they listen to us! Yay!

The weird part is that we met some white people who listened to us too! Wow!

Friday was nonstop movement. We went out with 3 different members and had 4 solid lessons. The last was super spiritual. It was with our great investigator, Kris. He started off by asking who the 2 people were in Joseph Smith's first vision... We were like, shoot you don't know!? So we realized we forgot the full detail and went over it again. He mentioned how he felt the spirit there and knew that our message was true. Our member who was there testified about the strength the atonement can bring into our lives. It was super great. One of those lessons when you leave and just feel super happy inside. Then his aunt texted and told us to stop by the firework stand on the way home.... Oh yeah so it was Texas Independence Day and fireworks were legal. Lol. I know. 💁🏼‍♂️ But anyway, we get there and she lights off a huge pack of fireworks for us. That was a hoot. They love us. ❤️ I think Kris will be baptized. 

Sunday was grrrreat! It was stake conference. One of our investigators went for the 6th time and met President Polley. She was super happy about that and really enjoyed it. For dinner we played charades. I acted out a bathtub really well. Then we had a sweet lesson with a Dood named Jorge. We agreed to watch a clip of Billy Graham if he'd watch a conference talk. It was an enlightening thing. We cleared up a lot of misconceptions and he had real, honest questions. We are going to go back to teach more so I'm excited. 

Then we watched "Legacy" with an investigator... It's sort of a ghetto movie. Haha, that's okay. But uh, yeah that was the week. The biggest thing I am learning currently is how important goals are.... It really adds a purpose into what we do. 

Anyway, short letter today. Love y'all.❤

<3 br="">
Élder Thorkelson


Oh yes, I also drew a picture for kid in the ward. He likes to draw so I thought It'd be nice. 😁



No comments: