Thursday, December 11, 2008

December 10, 2008

   Well...I better hurry and write before I forget! I had a big list of things to write, but I started to read your letter and forgot everything! Lets see if I can remember.

   Yesterday we had an amazing zone conference! We talked about the goals for 2010! Things are going to be big!  We are all really excited. the main goal is to double the number of baptisms we got this year. it's a huge thing here and it was the goal for this year we are working on now- and almost accomplishing! it's called;  2ë°°+Alpha ! i hope that comes out. It's just twice as much plus some. haha. the talks were really good- about faith and about how we're the only ones who restrict what we are able to accomplish. makes ya really think. I also got to sing in a SWEET trio! we sang "Angels We Have Heard On High". Sister Perriton loved it so much we're singing it at our Christmas party. Maybe even doing a fireside she's preparing.

   Nothing else really happened. Wylette's class wrote me! It was fun to hear from them- they are all grossed out about pickles on pizza. I'll have to write the ward and the primary for christmas. they would all dig that.

   It's really weird that chrsitmas is in like two weeks. doesn't feel like it at all. It's kind of warm again too. Not like I can go without a coat, but I start out with a scarf then can't stand it as the days go by. Bleh! Here in Korea Chrsitmas is more like a Valentines day, get your girlfriend a gift- and a reason to decoreate. other than that...no cheery chrsitmas feeling...except when Elder Boyce and I sing along to MOTAB christmas songs. haha we're cutting a bunch of snowflakes out to put on our members doors. "heart attacking" is a big thing we do to members here- we're going to switch it up and "blizzard" them. we're really excited.

   The Missionaries came over!?! I was going to ask you about them- if they were still around. That's cool- all of us talk about how excited we are to go home and be all the missionaries favorite members! haha. 

   To answer your friend at works question about Kimchi- I like it two years old! I had some at my bishops last week and it was DELICIOUS! by far the best i have ever had. I didn't need to ask them how long either- if they have it for that long they tell you cause it takes a lot of work and it's really good! Delicious. I can't wait to have you try some Kimchi....(grin!)

That's sweet about your travel class! Do I HAVE to take that? I'd be thrilled!

   So, that phone call- I'll be calling Christmas Eve there. it will be at night..here's how I guess it works. I call and make sure everyone is there- coordinate a time or whatever then you call me. You should open my present while I'm on the phone too! oh! that would be so funny! I'm stoked you got it so early. we were all worried it wouldn't make it.

Speaking of TATI...tell her to write me ONCE this year....or else.

   Elder Boyce and I are getting along great- he's awesome. I love him like a brother! We cleaned a lot, again today. haha...we make plans then end up cleaning for an hour or two. haha.

   OH, one funny thing that happened, so the house is kind of cold outside of the main room. well...very cold, no heating in the other rooms. So we run out and change...ect. funny. ANYWAY...we had a little cold streak and at about four in the morning I woke up cause my face was cold...looked over at the heater and the gas went out! AH! so it chilled down a bit. We survived though. filled the gas back up. nice and warm.

   Well, we gotta run!! Love ya all! The church is true! Choose the Right- Say your prayers! Read the Scriptures! Times are crazy- the world is falling into the same pattern we find in the scriptures. It's our time to be that light, the candle on a hill!

Much love- elder thorkelson.


No comments: