Thursday, December 18, 2008

December 17, 2008


It was a great week! Love my little town of Jeongeup. We can't believe how fast this transfer is already flying by. We're already over halfway though the transfer...sick. to top it off it's Christmas next week- really weird. There wasn't really any holidays to lead up to it so it is really weird. Doesn’t feel like it at all. To me, feels like I should be back in the middle of September here...

We were able to find some new investigators this last week- 4! Sister Marylyn has a friend (both Filipina) from her dancing group that just decided to listen to the lessons. Should be fun- and hopefully we'll get to pick up her husband too. He's a Filipino too. They just had a baby, which is SOO cute- I haven't seen a real newborn in so long. He’s 2 weeks old. So tiny-
We also were able to get an old investigator to start meeting again. Hopefully time has prepared them and they'll be ready to accept the gospel, such a strong family with good values already.

No snow here!! But Elder Boyce and I are making it ^^ we've started “blizzarding” people like I was talking about last week. It’s fun! Like and adventure every time! We are so afraid of getting caught every time! We’ve only done a couple of people in our ward, but they've loved it so far.

I miss going to the temple! AH! We were talking about that the other day... boo... it's such a blessing to have a temple that close! Here our ward goes up to Seoul once a month to the temple. In January our Cambodians are going to do baptisms for the dead- hopefully be able to do some of their parents! How exciting!!!!!!!

Oh my am I enjoying not worrying about the worldly cares- I hear
Political stuff from John, stuff about the economy...and I just don't want to hear it! Ah! So lame.

So the call; I should have made a better plan, to give you today.
Luckily I will be mailing again on the 23rd since schedules are crazy. It will be the morning of Christmas day here when I call. I think I will make the checkup call to make sure everyone’s there at like 9:00 am here? Find out early how to make a foreign call now- last year Elder Boyce's family couldn't figure it out and he had to call.

Well not much out of the ordinary. We’ve got our party coming up that I am excited for. HEY! If you have any ideas for something we can do for our Christmas party email it to me, any skits without too many words or... anything. We don't know what to do. You’ll be emailing me the day before! Perfect. haha...

Love you tons! Send everyone my love! Wylett is the best I get a letter from her every once in a while. Hey see if I can get John's address. I would love to send him a letter! That would be quite the trip! ha-ha. Any other missionaries in the ward too, that would be cool. Well gotta go!
much love-
Elder Thork

No comments: