Wednesday, February 25, 2009

February 25, 2009

Yes. As you guessed I got transfered. I moved down south a little ways to an even SMALLER town called Naju. I think I've become a country rat here in Korea. We go to the bigger cities and for conferences and I don't think I could decide who on earth to talk to amongst the crowds of people. In these little towns you talk to everyone who crosses your path... haha, or you wouldn't talk to anyone at all! I don't know how many people are here. I'll find out next week.

So why transfers were crazy-
In the middle of the actual transfering we had to stop down in KwangJu at the stake center for some MTC thing they were doing for the youth. The kids went to a fake MTC thing- got training and stuff then afterwards they had to come back to our areas with us! AH! and be missionaries for the day. I thought it was an awesome activity! They got real nametags and everything. they just said brother instead of elder. So I didn't get a P-day last week. bleh! no shopping, no email, no laundry...good thing I did an early batch since I was transfering. I hate packing dirty clothes.

So I am in Naju with an Elder Cook from Maryland. It's going well! I can't believe it's been a week already. Crazy! Just crazy! This weeked we are having a big English camp thing at our church here. they just built a BEAUTIFUL new building in our little town here, so were having this big fireside and camp. Putting flyers up around town for it. Two guys named P. J. Rogers and Robert Holley are coming. They are members of our church here that are pretty famous. Robert Holley opened up a bunch of English Academies here in Korea, and has an FM radio station. P. J. Rogers was the first foreigner to graduate with his masters from a university in Seoul. He did it all in Korean. He pretty much knows Korean better than Koreans. haha. Should be fun.

I got the package and photos! Thank you! I inhaled the pumpkin seeds...I forgot all about those! I love them! haha. I was excited for photos! Everyone is getting huge! what the crap? Braden is barely fitting into that t-shirt of mine- haha! Shawn looks taller and Riley's teeth are grown in. and big. :) Glad he liked the stickers.

That's cool about Patrick and visiting there. You should pick me up THEN we'll go to Patrick's. haha. That would be wonderful....I'm so curious what another Asian country is like. Everyone in Korea says China is a whole different world from Korea. Weird. I am thinking that Korea is the America of the Asian continent. Maybe, who am I to say. I've never been anywhere else. ha.

Oh the baptism went great! I was sad to have to miss their confirmations but it was okay. The mother was so happy. They'll be an awesome addition to the ward there. This Sunday here we had a baptism, and we just set a baptismal date for a guy next Sunday. cool!

Our ward mission leader is so funny. He reminds me of grandpa in every way. He wears his trucker hat. Rides a moped, which reminds me of the mini bike. He's curious and funny. He is the Korean version of grandpa. haha. So I love him.

Well - the weather is trying to warm up but it keeps randomly cooling back down. I just can't believe that it's almost March. sick.

I don't know what else to say. It's been too long. I forgot how to type too. haha I am having the hardest time! haha. Just dumb anyway. I keep hitting two keys and having to erase things- spelling words backwards. bizzare. I'm losing my mind! haha.

All is well! I'm alive, healthy and happy. The other day I tried to imagine going home and eating Ramen a fork...haha! You should all try to eat Ramen with chopsticks. Not the fat wooden ones either. skinny metal ones. I'm getting pretty talented. i should send some Korean ramen home. maybe I will. I can NOT imagine eating a meal without kimchi. I am going to freak out when i go back to america. I'll have to go to California and get it from Korea town. haha. Korean food is the bomb. I would never think I'd be excited to eat squid legs. haha. Fried squid is the best, oh I am hungry. Can you tell? hmm... I need to go eat.

much love- elder thork.

ps- i need socks. and will probably need to buy a new pair of shoes....i thrashed one.
pss- i am eating those cinnamon hearts with the kisses at the same time. yum! haha...food again.

No comments: