Friday, March 6, 2009

March 4, 2009

March 4, 2009

안녕하새요.
Hello everyone!

The last week was really good, mainly because of Zone Conference. I love it! It's like a mini General Conference. ha-ha. We found out some sad news though...they are cutting the number of missionaries they are sending to Korea down. Right now we have 100 in the Daejeon mission. They will be cutting it to 66 by next March. Ah! The numbers are needed elsewhere- Africa and of course South America. It's kind of sad, but it's cool cause how President Perriton has been training us has prepared us for it. He's been putting a huge stress on working with members. In Preach My Gospel it says that everyone knows there is a better way to do missionary work other than tracking...and that's through the members! He shared some good scriptures that I wrote down to share.

First he shared the infamous section 4 of D&C. specifically D&C 4:2 where it speaks of serving with all of our heart, might, mind and strength. if we are going to be cut like that we'll have to work even harder with everything it lists, but not to fear because the Lord is with us and the field is white! D&C 14:3-4 already to harvest. He says that we need to help our members realize this. The time is now. We need to share the gospel with our friend’s today- not tomorrow, next week, or next month. In John 4:35 the Lord tells us not to procrastinate. "Say not ye, there are yet four months, and then cometh the harvest? Behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest." These are the LAST days, no time for hesitation. ha-ha. Then he talked about why. D&C 18:10-19 states, "The worth of souls is great in the sight of God." Sometimes we have to remind ourselves that these numbers we take every night just aren't numbers...they are people! Then in v.15 it talks about how great our joy will be if we bring just one of these souls, but in v.16 he says to just think how much joy you will have if you bring many. WHOOT!

Yeah our new building is way nice, basketball court, soccer field.

Spring is in the air! It’s actually raining right now...and we didn’t bring umbrellas. haha. It did snow a couple of days ago though. Melted the same day, spring is slowly coming. I can't believe its march...sick.

Kelsey's reign as queen is over!? dah! ha-ha. That would be cool if she passed it down to Stacie. No- I haven't heard from any Days...or family really. I get grandma's letter she sends once in a while. But that's the extent of family. I got a letter from the Evy, Renan and Cassie back a while ago. They sent me their family letter. It was fun to see.

Okay, so that's all I guess. I’ll just talk about today.
So Korea for some reason doesn't have garbage disposals...so instead they have this food trap thing in the drain. DISGUSTING! It seems what ever house I move to I end up scrubbing it up. Moldy, crusty... sick. I should have taken a picture of it. Ha. My pet peeve, crusty drains!

Then there is this place here that showed up selling suits for $95 and under! We had to of course go and look.... didn't buy a suit don't worry. BUT I bought a pair of pants. haha... not just any pants but silver pants. It’s hard to explain- the silver suit is a big deal here in Korea. Every business man has one. We decided that we couldn't buy suit and actually wear it in the states- but we could pull pants off!! haha. I’ll have to take a picture after I get them hemmed.

I’m hungry. Oh Braden wrote me! Cool- In a couple weeks I get to sing with Elder Burton again! I sang in a trio with him for Christmas and they asked us to sing somewhere else. He’s a really good pianist. We have the same love of music. i am excited.

Well nothing else. Missionary work!
Love you all. Read your scriptures. Say your prayers and always CTR!!

Elder Thork

톨커슨 장로. 사랑해요!
한국말 읽을수있지?? ㅋㅋㅋ

No comments: