It was a good week. Today we had to go to KwangJu to renew Elder Cook's visa. I got three new ties. Tried looking really quick for shoes but nowhere has my size...uh-oh. 10 and under. those were the really cheap stores though. They had Doc Martins for $70 and Rockport’s for 90. I was sad. My ties are cool though. 4 bucks each!!
There really isn't much to say about Naju. ha. It's tiny. Reminds me of St. Anthony. The main street looks like Bridge Street, just more flashy lights and Korean all over. The members are cool. It’s a branch here- but i think there's more people here than in Jeongeup. I don't know what an east coaster is like. He’s just another Mormon...haha. Did the Nauvoo pageant with his family. His dad is 2 meters tall- he eats his fingernails...yeah. haha. Anyway... good guy. The language is always a kick in the pants. It’s so hard! i am understanding more and more. It’s hard to just talk. I can talk about church but if you start talking about anything else I have to REALLY concentrate to even follow. Then I get tired and space out. haha.
That’s sweet you can take pictures off of the blog! Good idea- ha...I’m wearing that light blue tie today.
I'm glad you used those scriptures! We met a foreigner last night! A girl from...oh...I don't remember. Somewhere back east. She’s a Quaker? Really nice though and said that on Friday she'll call us and she'll call a bunch of other foreigners to go out and eat. hmm? Maybe we'll get a bunch of investigators from the states! haha. It’s crazy that I am all the way over here in this TINY country- yet I have taught Cambodians, Vietnamese, Indians, Chinese, Izbeckistanians....? (How do you spell that??), people from Iraq, Philippines, Kenya, Ghana.... weird huh? They come here for work!
Where is dad going to do workshops? Things may be bad in the states, but the American Dollar has gone up in Korea, ha, move here and start an English academy! Me and one of the missionaries here, Elder Hill, were joking about if we weren't Mormon we would come back to Korea, open up an academy and become a priest and start a church. We would be loaded to say the least. haha.
I went on a split to Mokpo this last Tuesday. It is probably the farthest south you can go- below our area. I think it would be a great area! It’s got a bunch of universities and the beach. haha. I went with an Elder Cox. He’s really cool- from around Hesperia, CA. turns out we're a lot a like! Now I’ve got someone else to visit while I’m in CA. haha.
Oh, I have a request. Do we have a big Thorkelson family picture? I have no photos of my Thorkelson family and everyone thinks it's so interesting here that I have different nationalities in my family. Oh and a letter got sent back to me I tried to send to Anne. Did they move? (Hear that Thorkelson's? Send updated pictures, please.)
We have two investigators that are getting baptized next Sunday! Did I tell you? One is an older guy named Chi-San-Gee and the other one is a guy Braden’s age...maybe a little younger?... named Kim-Tay-Gyoon, way cool kid! ha. His friend is our branch president's son- ever since he came to our English camp he's been coming to church, attending seminary and mutual!! haha. Loves us so much, calls every day to see what's up. haha. Keep them in your prayers! Chi-San-Gee is trying to quit smoking so he'll be able to be baptized.
Tonight we are meeting a new family too- hopefully they will become a new investigator. Other than that, nothing special, missionary work, good old missionary work. I do keep having weird going home dreams. The one I remember best is I was in wal-mart going to develop my pictures from the mission. And I went up to the counter and told her I needed them developed. Then she started talking to me in English really fast and I couldn't understand her and I was just baffled! I went over to I think it was Braden and I asked him what she said- but I asked him in Korean and then someone from the mission was there and I was like I forgot English and I can't remember Korean!! haha...stressful! One of the few-
Well, another week gone by- the transfer is already about half way over! Goodness...love you all. CTR!
elder thork.
No comments:
Post a Comment