Saturday, March 21, 2009

March 18, 2009

Oh wow- Korea really has its seasons set. Remember how I told you it turned from fall to winter one day? It turned from winter to spring in one day! haha- I swear just a few days ago we were complaining about the cold wind, wishing from warm weather. Well, we woke up to spring- it was probably 65 degrees!- on our bus ride this morning to KwangJu all the fields were green and cherry blossoms were blooming all over. Weird. It’s almost too hot for a suit coat. I can also feel the humidity coming back...yikes!

Question- since everything is expiring...what do I do about my visa card!? It expires this July! THAT worries me way more than my license... (By the way I got it filled out and just need to drop it off at the post office- I forgot my social security number...you'll have to fill that one out for me)... if I remember right they just mail you another one. Let me know!

Those two are getting baptized this Sunday! Great news- Che-han-key passed his baptismal interview and the young boy is going to get his this Saturday. He’ll be great.
Looks like we will have another baptism for next week too! If everything pans out right, I have to teach him by myself tonight and I am nervous! We accidentally made two appointments at the same time so I have to go on a member split. Say your prayers! haha. Hope I don't confuse him- I’ll be teaching the gift of the Holy Ghost and endure to the end.

That’s funny all the old ladies at the art guild...or as grandma spells it, art gill- bought dad's things! haha.

Hey I have to go- we're meeting up with some other elders and have to leave. I’ll be back on a little later tonight.
Much love- elder Thork


We just got back from a way sweet 목욕탕! One of those public bathhouses- the phrase public bathhouse just doesn't do it justice. That makes it sound like a scout camp shower. This one was sweet! It had probably 8 different pools- different temperatures- four or five saunas; there was a place you can sleep in the water- haha I didn't try. That’s scary to me, and even a little place you can swim laps if you want. I am pretty sure Korea is the only mission that you can swim in because of these 목욕탕s. Unfortunately now I am all tired...and craving a corn dog. haha. They have these huge ones here I might have to go try.

I’m pretty sure there is NOTHING like Korean food in Idaho. haha. I already know there is a Korean store in Salt Lake I can get some staple Korean stuff at...haha. I’m sure there are some good restaurants in Cali. haha. There was a Teton Thai in IF. Did it move to Rexburg? It’s way good if I remember right.

Well- that's all. I’m pooped. Need to eat. Starving.

Much love- elder Thorkelson
aka - 톨커슨 장로 <3 사랑해!

No comments: