Thursday, March 26, 2009

March 26, 2009

MY AUNTIE KERA WROTE ME! haha. Wha-hoooo!!!!! It was a really good letter too. It made me laugh. She gave me updates on all of the Days. Oh I love my family.

Well...It happened yesterday. Something I didn't think would happen, that I wouldn't get the opportunity to do- or possibly avoid if I could... I had a big steamy bowl of dog soup. Yes. Dog. Don’t ask me what breed cause I don't know. My companion, Elder Cook, was grinning from ear to ear the whole time. It was his request. Our branch president took us out. It was actually pretty good. Tasted like roast beef... with a hint of K9. That was for lunch. Then, dinner came around. We went to a member's house for dinner, he brought out a huge pile of meat- that I thought was ham- and I pounded it down! Really good, honey mustard too. Then on the road back Elder Cook was like, "oh! That’s the first time you have had duck huh?!" yes. It was elder. haha. and it was delicious! One of the members in our ward is the CEO of a duck...manufacturing company? Out here, a few ward members work there. That’s my unique story of the week. Oh- we told the member we went to dinner that we ate dog and he said next time we come over he'd make us some too...heh...heheh? Not sure I’m excited...

Didn't do anything special for "hump week" or today my "hump day." I don't think I could afford burning any shirts right now, and I like my ties. Maybe I’ll buy something delicious while I am shopping.

The Holy Ghost lesson went fine. I screeched by- the member helped me out a lot. He was great.

The baptisms went well! The younger boy was just a boy. Got out of the water then went looking for the food. haha. Funny kid. They’ll get the holy ghost this Sunday. Most important.

Oh no... I forgot to look for the razor number. I do remember its name is the architect. That should be enough? One request...some of those shoe... what are they called?? Souls, the things that go in the bottom of your shoes. two of them.

Shawn is getting braces huh? I’ll be expecting a picture of that one! That will be a mouth full! I bet he's excited to choose the color of elastics. goodness...I’m not gonna reconize him at all. Good teeth are more important than a car. :) Too bad about the black car... sad. Tell Braden to be careful with that golf!! I love that car.

I can't believe that Matt will be home in August! What in the world!?? That’s scary... I’m 7 months behind him...creeeppy!

OH! Favor. I was looking through pictures and want you to find out how Sung-Gyeong is doing. I don't know if he's still in the states or back in Korea. He didn't give me an address to write cause he wasnt sure where he would be. His phone number is 801-661-8737. That’s his Utah number. You can test out his English.... he's been there like 6 or 7 months now! wow....find out where You-So-Yeon is too. His girlfriend. THANK YOU!!

Well my birthday falls on transfer day.... lame...haha. I can't believe how fast this transfer has gone. If each transfer keeps going like this I’ll be home in two months. haha....ahh!

Liz wrote me and said that she had a dream I came home and wouldn't speak to her in English, only Korean. haha. I laughed. Kay wrote me like 3 times this week too!

Well I gotta get going. I need a haircut!

Much love- elder thork

1 comment:

Katie Lee said...

Well Elder Thorkelson! I was thinking about you much today and I stumbled onto your blog! So so so happy about this! I even changed my desktop picture to one of you. Hope you are doing so great and that you hurry up and get home! It feels like its been forever!! Did you get my letter? Anyway.. you are incredible. The church is true.