It's a rainy day. coming down pretty good. We walked to the post office as usual to email and check the mail. We are a little wet. haha. Normally I love the rain. It's fun to drive in, cleans everything, in IDAHO it smells good... haha but as a missionary I hate the rain. That's one of the things we can't really controll and are effected by. We have to be outside, we don't have a car and only have cheap unbrellas that last maybe the first fourth of the day...haha. That's why it's important to make sure you have appointments, your umbrella needs to dry every once in a while. haha.
Everything is a the same here. We got a new investigator and a potential family. We met the family through a guy who really likes us, likes to spend time with us and buy us food... but has no interest in the gospel. We were starting to wonder why we keep letting him take us out for dinner....haha besides the fact that he buys us good food...haha. he doesn't really have potential. Not interest in stopping drinking, smoking...ect. but this time after we met with him he wanted to take us to see his company's farm. He's a large animal vet- so pretty much he just does cows. Not really any horses in Korea. We decided it would be okay and ended up running into his friend who bought us icecream and invited us to his house. He has a wife and two boys, 12 and maybe 10? We chatted for a little and told them who we were- what we were doing and they seemed interested and he said he wanted to take us to dinner later. So, hopefully they will become investigators!
Ranee is engaged!? Cool you will have to tell her congratz! She was so nice. I was actually thinking of things I might need. I am out of my face lotion. Neutrogena rapid clear acne defense lotion. haha. (long name). I like it a lot though, and maybe actually a couple sticks of deodorant, jello is always a hit. We made it for members. they are always amazed. we tell them it's just a mix...haha. nothing to it. Nonetheless they are still impressed, especially when it comes to cakes or cookies. haha.
Maybe too if you can send me a conference ensign. we still haven't got them...but I want my own to mark up. we have to share...
Other than that nothing. Missionary life is the same day in and day out. love you all. CTR. The church really is true.
much love- elder thork
No comments:
Post a Comment