Well... it's September? Weird, even more weird- Korean weather runs like clockwork, so bizzare. It is fall. The humidity suddenly disappeared, temperatures dropped... and actually have to wear clothes to bed. It's chilly. The days are beautiful and hot still, but without that humidity it's really nice! I came to this area when it was still cold. I wore long sleeve shirts... I might be able to see it again. If I'm lucky I will see all for seasons in Chungju. ^^
We saw our second baptism this transfer last Sunday. It was really really good. Chay-Een-Oong's whole family came to see him get baptized. They are all less active or inactive, sad, but the baptismal service was really good, spiritual and the family really was happy to see him get baptized. He's a little handicapped- so I was worried at first to start teaching him, but he surprised me and remembered everything well and progressed! One really memorable moment from the baptism for me is when they had him get up and introduce himself (they always do that at baptisms for some reason)- he grabbed the mike and said "hello" really loudly into it... haha... like a kid. Then he stepped back and said something like this, " Hello. My name is Chay-Een-Oong. Today I am getting baptized. I'm really happy to be baptized." then surprised us and ended in the name of Jesus Christ~ something no one taught him. It was a real simple but the spirit was strong and it made his whole family cry. haha. Me too...a little...
This next Sunday we have two more baptisms! Moon-Sue-Jean and O-Peel-Sook. I am excited. Especially for Sue Jean. She's so prepared it's almost ridiculous. I can see relief society or young women's prez written all over her face. It's great.
I did go on the split with Elder Boyce. It's always fun. We are great friends. I'll definitely hang out with him when I get home. His companion is Elder Crawsland? I dont' know how to spell it. I think that's right. I call him my cousin every time I see him. He asked if kelsey has said anything yet about it.... well????? haha. He's so funny I like him. He is so pure definitely a cowboy from Preston Idaho. She'd love him! She should write him a letter.
HURRAY FOR READING PREACH MY GOSPEL! It's scripture. Yay! My brothers are going to be the best missionaries ever, send em to Korea! What do they think about that? I can't see Shawn coming here, just cause of the food. BUT, there was a teacher in the MTC that reminded me of Shawn- kind of looked like him... but a man... AND he said before he went on his mission he would only eat bread, cheese and hot dogs. haha...sound familliar?? Then they sent him to Korea and he liked everything! haha. There may be hope!
Well... OH! Roh-Min-Young! She's in the states! send her a message on facebook to see how she's doing... that's gotta be hard. Get her address too cause I have some photos I wanna send her.
okay I gotta go. pdays are too short.
love you. CTR.
much love
Elder Thorkelson
톨커슨 장로
No comments:
Post a Comment