Friday, September 11, 2009

September 10, 2009

Hello!

I am happy. Today is a beautiful FALL day! For a couple of days last week summer decided to sneak back up, but now I can feel the crisp autumn air coming in. hurray to cooler days. Still really warm, by all means, I’ll be wearing short sleeves probably till the end of October. haha.

It’s peach season here on this side of the world too! I’ve been telling everyone about grandpa's peach trip, and how he comes home with a truck full of peaches. I talk about raspberries too from grandma's garden and eating bowls of them with cream for breakfast. Oh...I miss raspberries. They don't exist in Korea. So sad.

Our baptisms went flawless! 문수진 Sue Jean was so nervous! haha. It’s so funny how people get so nervous for nothing. When she grabbed my arm she was shaking. haha. She’s going to be a solid member! I am so happy for her. She’s the best. Elder Lim baptized our other investigator. It was his first baptism! AND it's his great aunt! Happy story, she's so great too, loves to study the book of Mormon. Was a Catholic for the past 25 years. FINALLY realized that was definitely not right. Now she's happy and getting along with the ward just great. The ward is doing so wonderful helping them. I love my ward. They are great they've become my family.

OH and I got a call from Min Young!!! I was so happy! I miss her so much. She was such a great member and always made me so happy. She sounded like she was doing well. I hope so. I told her and her girls that when I get home I would go to Disneyland with them. haha. The boys can come with me if they still haven't gone yet. Tell them to save up! I can't pay! Oh and you should DEFINITELY meet up with her. I would be so happy if you could see how sweet she is. haha. haha you can tell how cute she is, especially in English. She always says mommy. haha. Love it.

Insook is great too. She’s my Korea aunt, and her parent's are my granny and grandpa. At least I feel like that. I don’t' know if they would agree. haha.

Funny things Koreans say... and now I do too- direct translations:
“Leave well!
I will eat well/there is flavor! I ate well!
You came well.”
Those were good words!

haha I could probably go on and on but I gotta get going. Errands.


Much love

Elder Thorkelson
톨커슨 장로

No comments: