Thursday, September 17, 2009

September 16, 2009

HELLO!

Hey it's a BEAUTIFUL fall day today. It’s been really nice lately. Warm days, cold nights, just the way I like it. I have wonderful news too. I am staying here in my beloved ChoongJu, with my companion! We are really happy! I can't believe I am here this long. I’ll be here over a fourth of my mission! Hurray! Maybe I’ll die here.

Last week was ROUGH. (-_-) we had 10 cancelled lessons so only ended up with a total of 3 for the week. Needless to say I was really ticked off. but it's okay that's over. gone. haha things went too well for too long I suppose and I had to experience something terrible. haha

I do not even recognize Ally! Holy cow! She looks like... a girl now. Sick. haha. I LOVED grandpa's rock on photo! haha I miss that guy.

You’re feeding the missionaries!! Hurray! I love eating at member's houses. It has that homey feel you need to feel every once in a while. Hey ask the missionaries there if they have a member book there- we all wonder that here. We have a member book here that has every member's picture and little notes about each one from missionaries- like if they like to help missionaries, if they are nice, if they hate us.... haha. I wonder if there's an OLD picture of me somewhere in someone missionaries house.

um...I met a guy from Washington this last week! haha. He came with Autumn last week and we talked for a little bit. It was weird to talk to a foreigner other than a missionary. He’s heard of Mormons before but I think he is pretty clueless. He wants to learn Korean so I offered to teach him. He called yesterday and invited me to play basketball, and said that some the other English teachers want to learn some Korean. So we might be teaching the gospel in English here and teaching Korean instead of English!! Exciting!

You hear from Min Young? Insook keeps me updated on little happenings on facebook, including that she didn't make your top friends. haha.

I have a favor for you to ask our dear Katie lee. I want some music. The titles are "Come Ye Disconsolate", "Here To Be", and "Power of His Touch"! If I could get those I would be tickled pink, and I would sing them at Zone conferences. Cool.

Well not much to report on...other than I have been stressing over how little time I have left. I keep getting letters that are like, Oh you'll be home so soon! One in particular from Becka Goolsby~ haha I went to BYUI with her and she came to my farewell. We were in the MTC together, and she's now serving in the Provo Mission. She wrote me and said she can't believe she dies on OCT 29th. That she was going to start school again in January, then would be awaiting my arrival in April... ㅠ_ㅠ that was sad. haha. Because I found out I come home in March. Anyway, enough of my worries!! haha.

The work moves on! We are meeting with Suejean's cousin! She’s really cool, way too shy and my same age. Her name is Sohng-ha-yoon. She’ll definitely get baptized. Then we have Autumns like, whole family! We aren't meeting them yet... but will, we ran into her aunt a while ago... that definitely wasn't any accident. We were trying to find some less active that we had and were wandering around in some maze of houses and ended up at Autumn's aunts. She was the one who introduced her to us. She was worried about her getting baptized and we talked to her and resolved her problems! She has lived by our church her whole life. haha. Fate? We are having lunch with autumn's family this Saturday! Should be cool.

Well love you all. The church is true. CTR. spread the good news!


Much love

Elder Thorkelson
톨커슨 장로

No comments: