Sept. 30, 2009
Hello- it decided to heat up again yesterday! I am sweating again, but since the humidity is gone I enjoy it. haha I won't complain cause missionary work is my favorite in the fall. Not hot, not cold- no suit. So I’ll enjoy it while it lasts.
This weekend is the Korean thanksgiving. It’s called Choo-Suck 추석. It’s a huge holiday...and missionary work is really slow right now because of it. Everyone is so busy running around, buying food or the feast, cutting the grass on their ancestor's graves...etc. haha. so no one really wants to talk to us, and our investigators are all heading home for the week. So...today isn't p-day. They moved it to tomorrow cause there will be even less people tomorrow...then on Saturday we have a sports day in Daejeon with Zone Conference after!! It should be a lot of fun!...but I don't like it cause it throws off the groove. haha. It felt like it needed to be Friday on Wednesday. poo...
We found the cave! It was way cooler than I thought; I’ll try to attach some pictures. I got to wear a helmet and everything! haha. The temple was cool too...even though I saw it already.
I’ve been real lazy since everyone isn't in the mood to talk...and there was a huge hit on all Christian churches this last week too. Some minister raped a 9 year old girl and apparently it was really bad...anyway everyone who isn't Christian is really hating on us. hmm...so...yeah. Anyway. That’s good that you prayed! It always helps. I had a day where I was really grumpy for NO reason. I don’t know why! I just hated everyone, everything, and had to be like...umm...I gotta go pray. Afterwards I was really happy. Weird.
Study hard, pray hard, and when you have time- play hard^^.
I told people about potato harvest here and they were shocked that the whole state pretty much shuts down to harvest potatoes. haha. They are always shocked to hear the size of the potatoes too. They are all just tiny ones here. haha and Korean are afraid to eat the skin of any food, apples, grapes, and apparently potatoes too. We got some and I washed them and fried them up and my comp was like...is the skin on these!? Can you eat that!? haha. I was like yes, it's okay.
There’s an investigator that is SOO hard...he is a doctor, educated and thinks too deep. Poo! He asks what race Adam and Eve were, how they could make the world's population and not have any genetic problems...and I never understand a word he says cause he uses such huge words! Anyway last time we met he was talking about prophets and prophecy. He believes it and started talking about some guy who made prophecies in... France? Anyway I told him that our prophet can too, and he's called of god and that he can hear him next week at conference. I think it's a breakthrough. He’s coming! He wants to hear what today’s prophet has to say^^ I am excited. It can't go wrong.
Oh and the photos I attached. First one is of me at that huge temple place. You can feel like you're in Asia more here than anywhere else. The second one is in the cave.... I have better pics of the cave and stalagmites...but you wouldn't want one without me in it. I tried to send more, but the files are too big...sorry.
much love,
Elder Thorkelson
Hello- it decided to heat up again yesterday! I am sweating again, but since the humidity is gone I enjoy it. haha I won't complain cause missionary work is my favorite in the fall. Not hot, not cold- no suit. So I’ll enjoy it while it lasts.
This weekend is the Korean thanksgiving. It’s called Choo-Suck 추석. It’s a huge holiday...and missionary work is really slow right now because of it. Everyone is so busy running around, buying food or the feast, cutting the grass on their ancestor's graves...etc. haha. so no one really wants to talk to us, and our investigators are all heading home for the week. So...today isn't p-day. They moved it to tomorrow cause there will be even less people tomorrow...then on Saturday we have a sports day in Daejeon with Zone Conference after!! It should be a lot of fun!...but I don't like it cause it throws off the groove. haha. It felt like it needed to be Friday on Wednesday. poo...
We found the cave! It was way cooler than I thought; I’ll try to attach some pictures. I got to wear a helmet and everything! haha. The temple was cool too...even though I saw it already.
I’ve been real lazy since everyone isn't in the mood to talk...and there was a huge hit on all Christian churches this last week too. Some minister raped a 9 year old girl and apparently it was really bad...anyway everyone who isn't Christian is really hating on us. hmm...so...yeah. Anyway. That’s good that you prayed! It always helps. I had a day where I was really grumpy for NO reason. I don’t know why! I just hated everyone, everything, and had to be like...umm...I gotta go pray. Afterwards I was really happy. Weird.
Study hard, pray hard, and when you have time- play hard^^.
I told people about potato harvest here and they were shocked that the whole state pretty much shuts down to harvest potatoes. haha. They are always shocked to hear the size of the potatoes too. They are all just tiny ones here. haha and Korean are afraid to eat the skin of any food, apples, grapes, and apparently potatoes too. We got some and I washed them and fried them up and my comp was like...is the skin on these!? Can you eat that!? haha. I was like yes, it's okay.
There’s an investigator that is SOO hard...he is a doctor, educated and thinks too deep. Poo! He asks what race Adam and Eve were, how they could make the world's population and not have any genetic problems...and I never understand a word he says cause he uses such huge words! Anyway last time we met he was talking about prophets and prophecy. He believes it and started talking about some guy who made prophecies in... France? Anyway I told him that our prophet can too, and he's called of god and that he can hear him next week at conference. I think it's a breakthrough. He’s coming! He wants to hear what today’s prophet has to say^^ I am excited. It can't go wrong.
Oh and the photos I attached. First one is of me at that huge temple place. You can feel like you're in Asia more here than anywhere else. The second one is in the cave.... I have better pics of the cave and stalagmites...but you wouldn't want one without me in it. I tried to send more, but the files are too big...sorry.
much love,
Elder Thorkelson
No comments:
Post a Comment