Friday, November 13, 2009

Nov. 10, 2009

Hello!

I just got out of a sweet meeting with President Perriton, my Bishop and Second Counselor. It was about missionary work. The end of the year is coming up on us very quickly, and we've still many people to baptize in order to get our goal of 2+ALPHA! Our area needs to see 10 more baptisms by the end of the year. We need to really get with the members and work hard in order to see that miracle.

President will probably ask me about the whole release thing on Monday. I have my interviews then. If you tell President whatever is best I will be staying until the 15th of April.

They have started talking about Christmas here too already. They have begun starting the plans for the Christmas party...gross.

Tell Braden to break a leg. Make sure you get a good recording for me.

I have gotten a few letters. Nothing from Kay or Jessica yet, I am anticipating Jessica's letter since I know she is alive and around. She needs to get on that letter. haha. I saw "Enchanted" the other day on a TV and thought of her. She gave me that DVD before I left. I love that show! haha. I got the package and the card. haha. Thanks gramps!

I read a book called "Believing Christ" I can't remember who wrote it...I forgot my planner...but it was a really good book! it talks about the atonement, actually believing it and letting take part in our lives. I recommend it. It will be a quick read too. Even I was able to finish it in a few days! It has a lot of good parables and stories to make it easy to understand. My view of the atonement has changed.

AH! I got to go, We are going to play pool with the other missionaries! OH, and elder Boyce is going home in a few weeks. Call his mom up and maybe you can get to his homecoming. He was possibly my favorite comp.

Well. Love you, love you, love you. Choose the right, say your prayers and read the scriptures. See you next week.

Much love,

Elder Thorkelson

톨커슨 장로

No comments: