Thursday, December 31, 2009

December 24, 2009

Yes I feel the same way about the call. It's nice to know I actually have a family somewhere in the world. Sometimes it's pretend as a missionary. It's just me and my comp and no one else exists. haha. 

YES! I hooked Riley up!! If you think that picture is cute, you should see her in REAL life. She is the cutest little girl the ward. Seriously. I wish I was 10 years younger. haha. She'll be thrilled to get the letter!! I'm excited! 

Yes, the octopus was dead. I haven't had the opportunity to eat a live one yet. Probably never will. InSook was going to take me... but didn't think I could handle it. haha. 

Oh by the way, she is seriously the best! she calls me every once in a while to see how I am doing, and even sent me a package I got today! It's heavy! I am curious what is inside...I'll open it now. OH MY GOSH! haha It's packed full of bagles, cereal, cream cheese, cookies, crackers, manderine oranges, and hot chocolate! She rocks! haha I'll have to call her and thank her! wow! 

Haha so, elder Boyce was lost huh? haha. I can see that. He's kind of a dramatic boy... he probably can't even think straight at all. haha. Especially with all the fat people. haha. That's so funny. 

That's sweet that Kristina and Jarred are going to move here!... except that means I can't go stay with them in California...haha. But definitely cool. tThat will be exciting to have them around. I don't know about them having Jamon build a house...haha. sketchy! I can definitely design it for them! we'll have the whole family work on the project. 

NO WORRIES about this is how I look and feel in the morning. I just took that cause I thought it was funny that even after almost two years it's still hard to wake up at 6:30...

Our investigators are doing well! We have two that are progressing well. One is an older guy in his later forties- he's really searching for truth and have no doubt he will get baptized. He will just take a little time, and one girl that is our member's friend! She will get baptized on the 10th of this next month...January. Then we have a bunch of potential, the boy Braden's age, the mom and her daughters, her friend....we just got a really cool new kid last night that happened to show up to our English class. He is catholic but says he doesn't like it and there is no youth in his chuRch... we got plenty! We'll see how that goes. 

Unfortunately, Dan and Karen aren't progressing at all. They like reading up on our chuRch a lot...which is of course, "anti-mormon" stuff. So they have all these weird questions and odd things that they definitely didn't think of themselves, like the whole "there were no horses in america"...definitely something written in a book. Anyway, they still love us to death though, we're their only friends I think. 

The ward here is great of course- they are just all so stinkin busy with things! It's hard to get to visit them. hopefully the vacation will get things going better. 

OH funny story. So I have a cold and last night at my English class my students could tell... well, one of the ladies that comes just happens to be a nurse. After class she was like... I'll go get you some vitamins in my car! She runs out and brings in her big bag, and I wasn't really paying much attention... then all the sudden she's rolling up my sleeves, slapping my arm and shoots me up!! She hooked me up to an IV! haha! I was shocked! my companion was laughing and she was so happy to help me. She pumped the IV bag full of vitamins and apologized she couldn't get me medicine right then. So we go home and are just laughing...I was laying there in the bed waiting for the stupid IV to finish and my comp, the previous day just got stitches in his finger. We felt like handicaps... lol. Well, that's my crazy story of the week.

Love you, the church is true. CTR

elder thork

No comments: