Hey- it was a good week! I feel slightly similar...busy...but what did I do?? I only remember a few things.
Most recently we had our Zone Conference yesterday! It was good. I love going and being reminded that I know nothing about how to be a missionary and still...after almost two years have so much to learn! AH! It was a fun zone conference with lots of interactive things, not just lectures. So I enjoyed it. Hopefully I can remember everything...that's the hardest! You go to these things, understand it all, and it seems so simple...then you actually get out there in the field and your just lost and can't remember the training. haha!
One of our members is being a super member missionary, haha she's so great! She is always trying to introduce her friends. The other day we went over and helped her friend move her furniture all over the house. It was a small work of service, but I think she was really appreciative for it. I know that through our small acts of service, big results can come!
At our English class we actually had a bunch of people come! I was so happy...usually we have like 4 people come, last night we had 8 or 9! It was so much more fun! We FINALLY got some members out...(I always wonder why they never come, it's such a good opportunity for them)...and one of the new boys wants to learn about the church! Hurray!
Brian is having twins!? What the heck!? haha...weird... The only Thorkelson I have heard from is Anne,^^ she's the best. Nothing from anyone else...maybe they will come in a month or so...haha.
My cold is almost gone. I just cough a little bit when it gets real cold...haha. And CRIME? In KOREA?? It’s a big fat ZERO. First of all there are NO guns in Korea...so there is no worry really about anything, and the punishment for drugs is as bad a murder...so no one even knows what marijuana is...they just have seen it on American TV shows. haha. It’s really amazing. I've never once felt threatened while I've been here, or been afraid of walking outside in the dark. The scariest thing is the drunken man yelling a bush or light pole. haha. But that's rare, drunk Koreans are the nicest people we meet! They hold my hand and thank me for coming so far, tell me I'm so handsome- haha. It’s always entertaining.
Oh my comp got stitches cause he was goofing off. He was playing with matches while I was in the toilet... he was lighting them in the sink or something and knocked the knife off the counter and decided to catch it...oh he caught it alright. about cut off the top of his finger too...haha. funny thing, is he didn't tell me for like 6 hours...then I made him go to the hospital. Goodness...
You've started your student teaching have you?!? That’s great! How fun- How the heck is Liz? Is she alive? I haven't heard from her in probably a good 6 months.
Today we are going iceskating- gotta run! We’ll talk to you later.
Love- me
No comments:
Post a Comment