Sunday, February 21, 2010

February 17, 2010

You saw Mary!? I assumed she was dead. haha...it's seriously been like a year I have heard from her, and you saw Shanae!? I love her, she's so cool. I am excited she'll be here for the summer! She's diligently wrote me over the past two years^^ kudos to her. She'll receive more than a limp, fish-like handshake when I come home. haha!

John didn't give any fun stories? Were you able to get any out of him after? Where did he serve again. I can't even remember...just down in south America somewhere...

Sister Owens! Tell her hello with a big smile! I will definitely have to join that Korean club. Yes this last weekend was the Chinese New Year- HUGE thing here...it's comparable to our country's Christmas or Thanksgiving. They are always so shocked when they find out that they don't celebrate it in the U.S.

Your class at school sounds like so much fun! I want to do that one Marilyn Monroe picture! That's cool!

I did write Riley last week! did someone accidentally delete it? That's sad, it looks like he had fun, and you made an awesome cake! and even cooler that riley can be a missionary with his friend! I'll have to give him a few pointers. haha.

Not too much has happened recently. We're still teaching our grandma, she's been sick though so we couldn't meet her yet this week! We at a lot of food on New Years and I wore my traditional korean clothes all day. It was fun and they loved it. We have our mission conference this next monday and the missionaries that are in the group right above me are giving their final words! I am dazed. I can't believe that they are out! So weird, my district leader, Elder Ko, has been with me my whole mission. We've almost always been in the same zone or district. I will be sad to see him go...but we he's going to the states in April. haha. I'll probably see him there. He'll visit in Utah and stuff, then is going to college in Texas!

Well I am starving...and we are supposed to go to have a district pday activity...probably just end up eating and playing games....who knows.

Love you, the church is true, Christ is at the head of it! God leads and guides this work in these latter days. How sweet it is to be a missionary and assist in the work. Say your prayers, read the scriptures, and always CTR.

Much love- elder thork

No comments: