Tuesday, February 2, 2010

January 27, 2010

Hello! it feels like spring here in Korea- it rained all day yesterday...and it's just overcast today. The snow is all gone, except for the few piles that remain from shoveling. I am wondering if the winter will come back at all before spring is officially in.

Elder Michigan is cool! I like him. His name is Elder Blotter, way cool in Korean- because it's...well...it sounds like some words that mean "Fire Son" in Korean. haha. So it's really easy for Koreans to remember it. ha. oh and turns out he went to BYUI for a year, and loves snowboarding. We'll see if he comes back and we'll be friends next year.

Braden needs to write me, email me some pictures of all this stuff he is doing. My comp's little sister writes him every week and sends him at least three pics!!...come on bro!!?!!? I've got three brothers at home...where's the love? haha.

Everything is holding up well. Things are a little slow...but partially cause I have been a little lazy lately! ah! But I'm picking things back up. the days go so much better and faster if you stay busy. we need to get some new people to teach so we'll have to go find some! there are two of our members that are just superstars! One guy named 이용직 and a sister 김용임... I just realized they have the same middle jaw in their names! maybe that has something to do with it...haha. Anyway, they have been just great- and make serving in their ward so much more pleasurable, helping us out so much, without us asking. they are receiving some serious celestial kingdom points. haha.

Well...nothing really to report. nothing I need. I need new garments...but I may as well just follow the last principle of the gospel and "endure to the end" and just ask that you have a new supply of garments ready when I get home! They are definitely looking like dad's...yep. I ran out of toothpaste too, but Elder an gave me a tube of CREST before he left that he got at the MTC...
...I just remembered...I have to complain. Did you know that elder recieved a suit, winter coat, shoes, alarm clock, ties, a scarf, gloves, adidias running shoes, and a suitcase to put it all in at the MTC. What?? I don't get it. This kid's parents are more rich than most people in America....and now these boys are coming back and telling everyone that they don't need to buy anything, just to go to the MTC and they give it to you! Then he was shocked when he asked me what I got. I didn't get squat. They didn't even give me a Preach My Gospel book! I bought one myself before I came...okay I am done complaining...but I seriously want to talk to the MTC about that. It's not fair.

haha...umm...Have a lovely day! the church is true! love it! love Korea! love Korean food!...seriously don't know what I will do without it...poop....

Elder Thorkelson

No comments: