Monday, October 29, 2012

October 29, 2012

Hahaha. I'm sorry for the massive German letter last week... It was so much fun to write though! I don't know if I will be able to handle being around people that don't understand my 'Danglish' (Deutsch+English). It's just so cool to see how much I have progressed and turned my silly English brain into a German-thinking brain!

This week has been really good. We have contacted a ton of former investigators and have made out a lot of new appointments. It really really helps when people are actually HOME :) The ball is definitely rolling, and great things are soon to come!

I know in southern Germany they were supposed to be getting snow, but we haven't yet recieved any here in Berlin! :) Although it has been very cold... no snow! Now I can be happy about my pants all being too big for me, because now I can wear my jeans UNDER my missionary pants! :D genious, right? I know.

My little brother Shawn is going to dances with girls?! whaaa?! that's crazy stuff. He's still just a little kid that likes corn...

American money in Europe... it is too difficult to get it exchanged for Euro's... but if someone puts money on the debit card, I could withdraw it with Euros. I just don't have enough time to write letters anymore, we're actually busy with missionary work now. (last transfer was a little difficult for missionary work...)

Only snail mail to Samoa? well... better than nothing i suppose :)

Halloween... hasn't happened yet... but it's not so big here. people are already putting up Christmas lights and decorations though :D that's super exciting. I'm so excited to be experiencing everything here! Christmas is a huge deal here!

We have a lot of things going on here. A LOT of possibilities for baptisms in the coming months, and a billion people to still get in contact with! so awesome.

As for crazy/exciting stories... none this week. just the same old stuff happening. I don't know what to say... sorry that this is so short ... but it's all in English! :D

Much Love,
Elder Braden Thorkelson

No comments: