This week has been very boring, so I will skip to the weekend :)
So, on Saturday we recieved TRANSFER CALLS! I will be receiving a new companion, because Elder Stoe is going home. What really surprised me from the new changes is that I will be district leader and I will be training a brand new missionary. I have only been speaking German for 6 months, and now I have to teach someone else! It's pretty crazy to think about, but I am so excited! Until now, all of my companions have been in Germany longer than me. I will really have to work harder on my studies and in my prayers to help out whoever I will be training!
This week I had my first General Conference in Germany! I think that is how I will really start to measure my time here. Last General Conference was in the MTC, and now here's my 6 month mark and Conference in Germany! I feel like it was one of the best I have ever seen. I can't tell if it is because I am a missionary, or if I would have thought that anyway. There are just so many awesome things that have been spoken! We went to conference in the stake center in Berlin. First of all-We were late to the Saturday session because of a fallen tree on the S-Bahn tracks, and we didn't hear about the changed ages of missionaries!! The missionaries that were already there were still freaking out about it, and they told us about it during one of the songs! SO COOL! I think it will be such a good thing. There's that feeling about being 'NINETEEN' in strongly mormon community that stresses out a lot of young men. With this decrease, hopefully young men will go when they feel they are ready, not because they are 'nineteen'. With the decrease for sisters, there will be so many more sister missionaries! Ah it's so sweet. Sister missionaries are awesome, and they can do so many things that Elders can't do.
We actually watched most of the sessions 'live'. they started at 18:00 :) But the Saturday afternoon session would have been too late, so I'm watching(listening to) it right now! They had it translated to German in the chapel, and we watched in English in the Institute center. There were so many great talks, and I really can't just pick one to be my favorite.
Tomorrow i will be bringing Elder Stoe to the Mission Office where they will be sending him back home to Pennsylvania. I am so excited to finally be able to work in this awesome area. So excited to not have a companion who has a brain not focused constantly on home. I am so excited to be an example to a brand new missionary.
And now a couple of "shout outs"
Tati: Your blog is always updated, and I love reading it. Thank you!!
Shawn: Are you ready for a mission in 2 years?!
Grandma Seeley: Thank you for your letters! As soon as I get stamps, I will send one back to you!
This week was so so so boring, but there will be a lot of change in the next week, and I am so excited to report back to you on everything!
Liebste Grüße!
Elder Braden Thorkelson
No comments:
Post a Comment