Monday, January 14, 2013

January 14, 2013

Hahaha. of COURSE I can clean! I'm actually pretty good at it. I just am a little... unorganized :) haha. I don't see why everyone thinks that I don't know how to do these things... y'all prepared me pretty dang well for a mission. I have totally been able to fend for myself.
Haha. Shawn and Riley are just so cool! they are going to grow up to be so much cooler than me :( Do they already have plans or ideas on what they want to do when they grow up?
So I have gotten to know my comp just a little bit better. He's still super dooper quiet. I have to ask him questions to have him take an active part in the lesson... kinda silly. I guess I'm just used to having missionaries that like to talk a lot. He's pretty chill though. He goes with the flow and does whatever I want to do without really giving any input for or against it. haha. I can't tell if that's good or bad.
I'm getting pretty good at waking up on time! wooo! I love it. I'm also doing my morning sport and doing pushups and sit-ups... hopefully someday I will be as buff as shawn... so then dad will admire my buffness! haha.
I ended up getting new shoes! woot woot! There's a place in Kassel with Ecco shoes that will for SURE last me the rest of my mission (and most likely the rest of my life) for 99€ ... which isn't bad at all.
Sunday and chuch went pretty well! I spoke for about 6-8 minutes in sacrament meeting, just introducing myself and answering the question 'Why am I a missinoary right now?' One of the Branch presidency members said that I have a really good opportunity to excite the ward about missionary work, because the last few sets of missionaries here have been pretty quiet and not worked with the members very much. So I will be making sure to work with the members. In our ward there are a lot of younger couples and a lot of older couples, really not very many inbetween. so everyone is either just starting their families and are around 25-30, or they are older and retired and around 60-70 years old. It's kinda interesting. We have a giant primary program! haha. Soon they will be moving up to young men/women, it's pretty awesome.
I'm out of time! too many awesome things happened in my last area... so I had to talk to Elder Marshall about it.. whoops! It sounds like people are preparing for baptism and making the commitment! I love it!
Ich habe euch Lieb!
Elder Thorkelson

No comments: