So this week, we have begun to 'tear things up', as previously stated in
the letter last week. It begun with calling every last contact in our
phone. woohoo! Out of that effort, we made out one fest (concrete)
appointment. The only thing we knew about this lady is that she had
contact with the missionaries a few years ago. We taught her about the
restoration and the Book of Mormon, she seemed to accept everything
pretty well. It was a really really good lesson, and we set up another
appointment with her for later last week. We met with her and a couple
of her friends, and continued to teach about the plan of salvation and
the book of mormon again. It was, again, a really super good lesson and
so we invited her to church on Sunday. We arranged for a member of the
ward to pick her up so that she could be there for sacrament meeting. It
was great. I drove with the member there to pick her up, and on the way
over to the church... we stellt es fest das sie in Mitglied war! :D
haha. she was a member! haha. apparently she had been baptised in
Frankfurt years ago. whaaaat?! haha. We don't have her records here, and
we'll have to find them soon. If we aren't able to find her records, it
looks like we'll be having a baptism here in Kassel :) woot woot! haha.
There are some things that she needs to work on (z.B. smoking... she
strarted to smoke again about 2 years ago. ahhh! no!) but there's still
time to repent! :D
We still have a ton of people to contact and people that we can help
come closer to God. It's pretty awesome. I am really seeing the
difference in the attitude of the ward as they see us. Woot woot! It's
great. Instead of focusing on finding new poeple to share the gospel
with, we're going to be focusing a lot on the people who have already
been found. There are so many people in the Area pook what we will be
calling daily, visiting regularly, and inviting to everything. it'll be
grand.
This week we were in Hannover twice... so that means that two days were
essentially gone from our week. kinda frustrating. but that's life. I'll
get over it. We had good meetings up there and they probably are
helping me be a better missionary.
I wrote a ton of letters this last week and sent them all away :) and
now I need to get new stamps... I will be doing that today. Our Ward
mission leader is wanting to get new things for our apartment! Our
kitchen really needs some new appliances. And our Matresses really need
to be replaced... blegh. We also need new maps, because the ones we have
aren't from this decade.
Yup! lots to do.
Elder Spackman has been sick this last week, and now
I think I'm feeling something... a bit of soreness in the back of my
throat. bahhh lame. I hope it doesn't keep me confined to the apartment.
that would not be fun.
We will meet the guys from Pakistan again this week. Did Grandpa
Thorkelson ever go to Pakistan? our member from there was talking about
it and it seems pretty awesome :). Andrej is reading the Book of Mormon
from the beginning, and things are going well!
I love you!
Elder Braden Thorkelson
No comments:
Post a Comment