Monday, March 25, 2013

March 25, 2013

We were finally able to bring our investigator from Pakistan together with our member from Pakistan! :D woohoo! It was about an hour of Urdo... what it sounded like to me was "laskdjföalskjdföasldfj Joseph Smith öalskjdfölaskjdfaöskdlfj Book of Mormon ölaksjdöflkjaösdlkfjaöslkdjfaö
skljdföa Salt Lake City aölskdjföalskfj" ... hahaha. I think it went really well though! We invited Muzem (pakistani investigator) to volleyball, and we're planning on getting more activities with the ward, maybe even arranging a family home evening and having him also be there. That's something that this ward is really lacking. Individually, the ward members are super awesome. They really love the gospel and love missionary work... but I'm not sure if they really care about the other members in the ward... The bond between everyone is very loose. If we can being this ward closer together, we will be able to work more effectively, and the ward will be stronger, and it will create an environment where people really WANT to come to church and let themselves be brought unto the truth.

This last sunday was really very successful. We had a member visiting from München and one member from Mexico City in our ward :) The member from München was baptized 4 weeks ago! She was super cool and got along great with the members here. The man from Mexico was super awesome! We actually met him in the train station the other day as we were buying a ticket for a Leadership Training Meeting thing. He came up to us and said 'Hey Elders! How's it going!'. He served a mission in Oregon and has absolutely perfect english! The really cool thing was that we have 2 sisters from Brasil in our ward! He was speaking spanish with them the whole time. So awesome.

As far as the weather goes... it's still freezing cold. The Germans are all pretty grumpy about it... haha. and I am too... :P  It seems like in summer time people go outside just for fresh air, or for sunshine. People are nicer, more willing to talk... ahhh summertime :) Maybe I'll even see a longboard or two :D

This week, another day will be taken to go up to Hamburg for a Zone Konferenz! I am sure that it will be a good one. I love Hamburg... I hope I have time to stay there for a little bit! Or maybe I'll even get to serve there one day :)

We were able to help another family move this week! haha. It seems like everyone is moving out. It's a pretty difficult situation that she's in. She was going to move because she found a job over in this other part of town, but as she was about to actually move, she was layed off from the job. So now she's jobless, and she needs an apartment within the next month. We have been praying for her, and there have already been a lot of miracles that have made things easier for her (no penalty fees, and money stashes found in the moving process, etc.)

Last p-day we went to a coin-shop and I got some old German coins! :D one is from 1896! I thought it was super cool. I might go back to get some more :P I really want to look at Grandpa's collection when I come back home!

We keep meeting awesome people and having awesome experiences, but I don't know if I have time to explain all of them! ahh man.

I'm excited to be working here. I want to stay here for the rest of my mission.

Love,
Elder Thorkelson

No comments: