Hello!
I really need to start bringing my
journal with me here so that I can remember exactly what happened
through the week... haha. whoops! (and yes... I have been keeping a
daily journal again! woohoo! ) hmm... well the week was actually filled
up with member appointments! which was really cool. It feels so good to
have opportunities to teach. I really love it. The opportunities here
are pretty difficult to find to teach. Hopefully we will be able to find
a way to have the members help us to do missionary work. We still
haven't seen the video from the first presidency about missionary work
and leadership... hmm... I think that the contents of the video would
really help us out.My study this week has been really good. I have been able to find myself really focusing on the words of the scriptures. I have divided my study time up into three main parts 1) studying 'our heritage' - the story of the early pioneers of the church and the establishment of the church 2) Doctrine and Covenants 3) The Book of Mormon. Our Heritage and D&C are so closely related, it's really cool to see the revelations from D&C being set into the real world situations that were happening at the time described in 'Our Heritage'. The Book of Mormon study has been mainly on the desires of the prophets. I really want to see what makes the prophets happy-what makes them sad, and to see what they want. So far I've seen that a lot of the desires of Nephi or Lehi are expressed in deep prayer to God or in dialogue to family. It's really cool to see how the true desires or real deep questions of the soul are drawn out to those with whom they have a strong relationship (God, and family members).
Something that I learned this week is that riding a bike while holding an umbrella is illegal... so I need to get a rain-jacket sometime this week.
I have been taking tons of photos this transfer. So don't worry about that. I've been filling up that SD card you sent back. I'm still working on finding things to put in this package I have to send to you... it will come eventually. I just need to get some more chocolate... :P
So my drivers license will be expiring on the 26th... and I still have an Idaho drivers license... can you send grandpa over to the city hall place to see what I need to do?
I'm trying my best to keep myself off of autopilot and to be actively
listening to the spirit. It's working most of the time, but I just have
to keep myself from going into that all too familiar 'duh' face that has
been a trademark of the bub you know and love :)
We see miracles every day when we open our eyes :) The Lord is there for us when we only ask.
Love,
Elder Braden Thorkelson
Elder Braden Thorkelson
No comments:
Post a Comment