Thursday, July 11, 2013

July 7, 2013

Hello!
This week we were able to see a couple of good miracles and some good adventures in also. We have now been able to meet with a lot of the ward, but this week things will slow down a bit. The kids are all in summer break, and so a lot of the families are out of town on vacation or visiting family.
We continue to teach schwester Lubatsch. She is doing pretty well. We have to stay in good contact with her though. I feel like she really needs our motivation.
It is so strange to think that you all are moved again. I forgot to tell the mission office that my 'home address' had changed when you moved to Riverton, but I guess I can just give them the newest one :P haha. Strange. You are probably professionals at moving :) I'm getting pretty good at it too! haha. It's pretty cool to be able to live out of two suitcases for two years.
It is also strange to think that when I tell people 'I've been out for a little over a year'' They automatically think something like 'ohh, so that means you're probably going home tomorrow!'... and it's kinda true. Time goes by wayy to fast. Strange.
This week we had to stop by the grocery store to pick up some things, and as we were in line waiting to get to the checkout, a man turned around and saw us in our suits. He looked at us and asked us '' are you all selling anything good?''  we answered something like '' nope, we're missionaries'' and he asked us something like '' well what does that mean?'' and then I continued to talk about the Book of Mormon and handed him a copy and invited him to read it. The man then looked at us again, looked down at the book, and looked back at us, and asked '' Did I just received this book as a gift??'' we looked at him and answered 'yes. yes you did'. And that was a little miracle of this week.
We are planning on doing a lot of door to door this week. It feels like Forst itself has been worked over wayy too much. The people are closed off to our message before we have the opportunity to actually say anything. Because of this we will be doing a lot of bike riding to go to random little villages so that we will encounter new people.

We rode our bikes quite a lot today. My legs are going to be even bigger than they already are! oh man. I didn't think it was possible! I may need to get a new suit. The ones that I had at the beginning don't fit right. The european ones are so much better! They fit like normal clothes, and my pants don't look like MC hammer (although those kinds of pants are strangely popular here...).
This coming Wednesday we will have a Zone Training Meeting in Dresden. I should get your letter after the meeting :)
I hope that everything is going well
. I love you!

No comments: