Monday, October 14, 2013

October 13, 2013

Hello there!
So transfers came... I'm getting a new comp! woohoo! His name is Elder Christenson(spelling?). And he is coming from Bremen. That's all I know about him, but it's exciting. As you know, I've been ready for a change. :)
Yesterday in church, we had the opportunity to teach in primary! it was so good. The kids all really listened and participated, it was really suprising! I was expecting chaos like there is back home, but everyone raised their hands and waited to be called upon before speaking and answering questions. We talked about how kids in primary can be missionaries too. They all had good examples of how they already do missionary work and how they are awesome examples of good members. So great.

Story for the week: Well I'm a district leader here in Minden, and there's just one other area for which I'm responsible. This last week, the Elders in that area seem to have lost their phone... ahhhh man. It's pretty frustrating being responsible for something, and then not being able to actually do anything to influence the situation. So this week has been pretty crazy. The zone leaders will ask questions like 'how many Finding Faith in Christ DVD's does your district have?' and then I can do nothing but call them up saying 'Minden has 5, but I have no idea how many the rest of my district has...'. haha. Silly situation. They should be getting a new phone before too much longer.

I hate to say it, but there really hasn't been that much progression in my area here. It is pretty stagnant. This week  that should all change though. I really feel like with a new companion, things here will be able to go in a different direction. I will be more positive, and when I am more positive, I draw more people to me, and I'm more willing to be bold in following the spirit.
It sounds like the little bros are doing pretty great! I'm glad to hear that they are being responsible and filling their lives with meaningful things. That's something that I'm learning how to do here on the mission :) Not just doing things to pass the time, but doing things that are meaningful and that have purpose.
I'm doing a lot better now. For sure. I spent a lot of time today writing to an investigator who was baptized yesterday. Sorry that this one is a little short. Just know that a new member of the church got a longer email because of it :)   (it was Anna! from Forst. She got baptized yesterday :) )
Love,
Elder Braden Thorkelson

No comments: