Hello Family!
This week went really well for me. I'm feeling great, and the work is going forward.
My
new companion is Elder Christensen from Provo, Utah. He's a really cool
guy and we get along really well. I don't know how much information I
should write about him... haha. I don't want to be posting all of his
contact information on here... haha. But either way, he's really smart,
and we are working well together.
We were able to see a lot of success going door to door last
week. We have a couple new investigators, a few new appointments, and a
bunch of new contacts that we can go visit in the future. All from just
doing doors on one street :P haha. I really feel like when I am happy,
missionary work goes a lot better and a lot smoother. I love it!
This next week we will be having our mission president here
during our district meeting. There he will be conducting interviews and
his wife will be teaching for a good part of the meeting. I'm excited to
ask some questions and see if I need to do anything specific.
It seems like I don't know that many missionaries anymore...
they're all finishing their missions! Weird. Elder Conner Hoffmann will
be finishing soon, and I only have 2 more transfers after this one! It's
to the point where missionaries are asking "Do you think you're going
to stay here until the end??" Which is really something weird. I'm not
sure how I feel about it :P
I have seen an amazing change in the ward members here since
the new transfer began. So crazy! haha. They are so much happier towards
the missionaries. I've also seen an increase in eating appointments
already! haha. Good missionaries make a great difference.
I have learned a lot this week about obedience. Something that my Mission President sent to us was this quote:
“Apparently [President Moyle] had been told that some missionaries in
the mission had said that they had their ‘free agency’ and therefore
didn’t have to get up at six in the morning unless they wanted to.
President Moyle explained that it had been [their] right to choose
whether [they] served a mission or not, but now, having chosen to serve a
mission, [they] had exhausted [their] agency on that matter. [The
missionaries] now had no right but to get up in the morning and do the
other things required of a good missionary” (Joseph Fielding McConkie,
Understanding the Power God Gives Us, 22).
Haha. There are no excuses! haha. Just do what the Lord expects, and everything will be okay, and we will se success.
I'm loving it again. I just need to let myself dig into the work. It's going to be a good transfer for sure.
Love,
Elder Braden Thorkelson
No comments:
Post a Comment