It is so strange being able to talk about going home and to have the thought 'hmm... I can wait that long'. Whenever someone asks how long I've been on the mission I say 'about a year and a half'... but that point is actually long gone! ahh! weird. Elder Jason Godfrey just got home like last week (I went to school with him at Madison). I'm pretty sure that Conner Hoffmann will be going home soon, and I'm fairly certain that Tyson Marsden is back as well. Time has flown by and continues to go at an excellerating pace. I have a bunch of things that I have written down on a bucket list. It should be a lot of fun seeing how things play out.
Finally, yes. I can grow hair on my face! woohoo! It's pretty awesome. except I don't know how much I can actually grow... because I'm a missionary and I can't exactly just go without shaving for a week.
Elder Christensen is really a great change for me. There have been so many improvements. We have begun organizing all of the people's contact information that we have and tried to start visiting them... but it looks like 90% of the people have moved... and the 10% of people that are probably still there are never home. We have now begun to move our focus on contacting/finding the people who hav ealready been found by others and put more emphasis on finding new people ourselves. It hasn't brought too much success yet... but I feel like things can only go upward.
Today we went to a funeral from a member in our ward
who died at 90. There was a small luncheon at the church afterwards and
that was a good opportunity to talk to some of the people who don't
often come to church (or who don't ever come to church). Since half of
the ward is related anyway, practically everyone in the ward was there.
In the church in Germany there needs to be a lot more growth from
outside the church, more convert baptisms. Sure, it's good to grow from
the inside... but that's not fast enough... and it's kinda weird to see
the same name 8 times on a ward list :P haha. We're doing our best as
missionaries to find people that we can teach, but if we're doing it
alone it is a slow and monotonous work. If we work at it together, it
will be not only more effective, but more fun for both sides.
I'm glad that you're so awesome and that I can always
count on you! :D I've been doing a lot better lately. Hopefully it only
continues to increase in intensity and joy.
Thank you for everything!
Love,Elder Braden Thorkelson
No comments:
Post a Comment