Monday, December 30, 2013

December 22, 2013

Hello there!
First of all let me say that I am very excited to talk to you via Skype :) Secondly, my companion woke up today, ran to the toilet, and then threw up. So hopefully everything will work out according to plan. Our time to Skype will be when we go to the Meckes family at 19... so that means that I will be on at 11 a.m. for you at home. That's how it's planned right now, but I'm not totally sure if that will work or not. It's all depending on if Elder Christensen is better and if the family still wants to invite us over... haha.
  The interesting thing is... This morning we were planning on calling them to see what they were planning on doing with a sick missionary, but before that happened, they called us to cancel because THEY had a couple of sick family members so everything actually worked out really well! haha.
  The week overall has been pretty good. We had a district meeting with the Assistants there, and that went pretty well. We had a lot of time to go do finding, and we found a couple people that we will be visiting after the holidays are over. The Christmas party was on Saturday, adn it went really well. Elder Christensen and I sang 'Peace, Peace, Peace' and everyone liked it. They were all so suprised to have such talented missionaries together at christmas time. :) There were a lot of less-active members there. A lot that I didn't know. It was really good to see the chapel full of people. Unfortunately, it looks like the Christmas party might have been the cause of so many people getting sick at the same time... whoops! but that's life. There's nothing we can do about it.
  I'm glad to be here. I love christmas time.
I'll talk to you later!
Love,
Elder Thorkelson

No comments: