Monday, July 4, 2016

Day 63 The Parade was Lame

Happy 4th of July everybody!

Wow 4th of July. What a day. Although, here in Texas it's not even a
big deal. Haha they like their state more than the country. We were
invited to the parade this morning and let me tell ya.... They don't
know a single thing about how to make parades enjoyable. There were
zero floats and zero candy.... WHAT. It was so boring. Just a bunch of
trucks and cars and occasionally a high school girl sitting on a
truck. That's it. Haha cmon Texas.

So I went back to Mexico this week!.. Well sorta. I came within a half
mile of the border, the closest anyone can go. It's just wonderful
thinking about how many people have sprinted through the very land I
was stepping on... Hah yeah


We found some more creatures this week! Including a bright green
lizard, horny toad, and several other lizards. It is neat. We caught
one the other day. I will send the pics.



It is so hot right now. I literally drip in sweat everyday. Yesterday
it was 106 so that's nice. That's probably a good thing because here
in Texas they like to make you fat. Hahaha. So this week I had a deep
fried ding dong, Twinkie, snickers, corn dog, and pizza bites. All at
the same sitting. 😂 I'm so dead. But it was only like, parts of the
snack, not all full sized pieces. Twinkies are nassssty. Don't eat
deep fried twinkies. Only for the experience. Ha

The other elders had a family baptism. It was great! And
super hectic because the church's water pipe broke just in time and we
had no water for the baptism. Sweet. Then the branch President told us
that we could do it in a pool. Haha those lucky elders. So yep, we
went to a members house and baptized the family in a pool. Crazy
stuff. It was alright, but I was so thirsty all day because we were
fasting. We are allowed to drink and stuff, but it was Car
day for us. Dang it. During our lunch time we all made bleach shirts.
Well it was basically me. I worked on it throughout the week while
they made the food. Haha, so I guess that works for me. They turned
out great for the most part. Haha I'll add a picture.



Anyway, 'twas a good week. Not too many new investigators, but we are
trying. Just as the quote in Meet The Robinsons says "Keep moving
forward." That's all anyone really can do. We met a lady this week.
She loved having us over but she was really troubled with things in
the world and people in her past. The great thing about this gospel is
that through the atonement we can overcome all things. Yanno, Jesus
Christ suffered not only for our sins, but also for all the terrible
feelings we have. HE suffered so that through him we can learn to
forgive and love others. Grudges eat all of us apart. We all need to
learn how to love others, however hard it may be. Learning to forgive
ourselves and others is the key to being happy, I think.

Love y'all.
Do good things

Elder Thorkelson

No comments: