So let's see... This week was good! I wouldn't say amazing, but good.
It went by really fast because we had to drive to Austin again for the
Trainer-Trainee meeting because I'm a noob. It was also the last time
that I would see President Slaughter because his time is up! Pretty
sad because he is amazing. That man will be an apostle or something
one day I can already tell. We had to practice the right (good
looking) way to walk up and give testimonies if we have to, but I had
already done it last week and I'm basically a pro now.
I have done a lot of biking this week because my companion left his
wallet in a different elder's apartment and he can't drive without his
license... So we have gotten used to the bike life. I kind of enjoy
it. It's sort of relaxing. Plus I just love being "one of those Mormón
guys on a bike" hahah. It's great. I love meeting all sorts of people,
but I don't think my companion does so I usually come up with the idea
to talk to people that we pass. Yesterday we met a guy with 2 long
braids and he was killing tarantulas! There was a tarantula hole
outside his house. Like full size tarantulas like what you would see
at PetCo! It's nuts! He told us to be careful at night because that's
when they like to come out. Gnarlyyy. I should have taken a picture
dang it. But he was not interested in the church. Nice guy though.
So we have been chased by several dogs on our bikes. Nothing like a
good rush of adrenaline every now and then as a blood thirsty dog is
chasing 2 white boys wearing shirts and ties. Seriously soooo many
dogs, like what the heck. The sketchy towns are just full of dogs.
Mean dogs too. Ugh. Oh oh, also, one day this week it just decided to
dump rain on us. It was fantastic! Haha yanno, some people might think
it's miserable to ride you bike in the pouring rain, but when your
whole life is preaching the Gospel and you have no other cares in the
world, then biking in the rain is great! Haha
I got some good old fashioned root beer floats the other day. It says
that they are famous, so that's why we got them. It was so tasty and
also it disappeared in about a minute, so that was a sad thing.😒
should've taken a picture of that too. Dang it elder. That place was
full of character.
So my second Sunday in Texas and I already had to give a talk! 10
minutes in Spanish! Haha how exciting. It was not bad at all. You just
have to make sure to use a lot of quotes and you will be fine. Hah,
but yeah, actually if I do say so myself, I think I spoke quite well
for 2 months of Spanish. I sorta wish I did speak more Spanish with my
investigators. It's usually English, but I've been getting my Spanish
lessons in here and there. I just want to be as good as my friends who
are in Spanish speaking countries! Not a lil gringo guy. That's
duuuumb.
But yeah anyway, that's the life of elder Thorkelson this week. I got
some fun lil pictures to send your way as well. Keep in touch! Love
hearing from y'all!
Elder Thorkelson
| Cool Street Art of Pandas! |
| This is our Casa |
No comments:
Post a Comment