Monday, July 11, 2016

Day 70- This Week was Neat!

Hola friends and family.

This week was a good week. Let's seee, so we had exchanges this week.
That was 3 hoots and 4 hollers. It was my first exchange ever and his
last exchange ever. So basically it was pretty memorable. This elder's
name is Elder Green. He is quite the character, but a great
missionary. He's the kind of guy who spends his P-Days catching fish
from Mexico, and hitting gold balls into Mexico. (He actually caught a
fish out of the river that separates Mexico and Texas. It's awesome.
Haha. He also knows how to work hard and he was a great example for
talking to literally everyone. We set goals for contacting and made
some great contacts.

Me and Elder Green


While we were biking, there just happened to be a skate park in the
way and we each had to hit a jump in order to continue. We survived.
It was great. Later that night I popped my back tire. It was really
sad. I pulled out a one inch Mesquite needle and yanno, that needle
won the battle, so props.

At the end of the day Elder Green and I decided we needed to remember
this wonderful day, so I drew a picture of us with mustaches and some
nice sombreros. I'm gonna miss that guy that I spent one day with.
Haha



The next day we had zone conference. This was a terrible morning.
Something was not right in my stomach and I wanted to crawl out of my
seat and die. I said a prayer that I would last until break. And what
do ya know, as soon as it was break time, my stomach decided it didn't
want the toast I ate that morning. So I casually walked into the
bathroom and said " Don't be alarmed, but I'm going to throw up now."
... Moments later, I felt great. The day went on and I started
feeling better so that is well.

That night the new Mission President went out with my companion and I.
It was awesome! We didn't have that much success for a while because
we had 2 canceled lessons and so, we were left with just trying to
find people. We decided to stop by one of our progressing
investigators, Graciela. She is a sweet lady. She looks super white,
but doesn't speak any English. Not to fear though, I was understanding
Spanish really well that day and I got to show off my skills to
Presidente. We had an awwwesome lesson and ended the night super well.
My Mission President is sweet btw. He's a retired FBI Agent and also
the nicest, most loving guy. I'm so grateful to have him for the next
21 months.



Sunday comes along and yanno what, the Spanish Branch asked us to talk
again, so here I am speaking the Spanish for a solid 10 minutes. The
key is to make half of your talk quotes from general conference and
stuff. Haha, but anyway, it went really well. The other elders said itImage result for Del Rio texas on the map
was way better than more first, so I was pumped. I like Spanish. It's
really cool. I think I'm gonna try to mess with accents. I'd rather
have some sort of South American accent than a Mexican accent... Haha.
It's prettier.

Anyway, this week was swell. Elder Clawson gave me a haircut today and
I look gorgeous right now, but that's pretty much it. I hope y'all
have a great week. Love ya lots!










Elder Thorkelson

No comments: