Monday, July 18, 2016

Day 77 "Winky Face"


Hello my beloved friends and family.

So I woke up this morning, and did my usual 500 jump rope skips, or
whatever you'd call it. Then I cleaned the house and we went to Taco
Bell (as usual on P-Days). And now here I am in the church.

This was a good week. It started out great! Then most of our lessons
ended up falling through... But I'm not gonna talk about that part
because its boring. I had some pretty successful lessons in Spanish
this week! Some days my Spanish is really on, and those days get me
Pumped! In one of those lessons, we asked one of our progressing
investigators to be Baptized and she said yes! She is the sweetest
lady! She loves reading the Book of Mormon and told us she knows it's
true and the word of God! Now if only she would make it to church...
That's the hardest part for most people dang it.

But on the other hand, one of our investigators went to church
yesterday and said he had a great time! He's a 17 year old kid who is
looking for guidance in his life. I probably had the best experience
with him as we read Moroni 10:3-5. He got all choked up and the
feeling in the room changed and he told us that he had been searching
and asking God what church to go to, and that we might be the answer
to his prayers. Okay, let me tell ya, that is the best thing to hear
from investigators. I really hope he follows through.

We did a lot of driving this week trying to find a doctor for a couple
of the elders. This is what happens when you live in a small town...
You have to drive a couple hours to find the right place. Silly elders
who need doctors.

OH. AND I learned a very important thing. You should always know who
you are texting. So I was texting two sets of missionaries both from
the same area, but some are Elders and some are Hermanas... In the
contacts, they both say "Area Eagle Pass" and then the location, but
nonetheless, it's easy to confuse right? So I'm texting them both at
the same time, and one sends a smiley face... I thought it was the
elders being dumb, so I sent a Winky Face, because I'm a weirdo,
yanno? Then we meet up with the sisters and they ask, "Which one of
y'all sent me the Winky face?" .... Like crap, Winky faces have
completely different meanings when you send them to a guy or a girl.
Haha anyway, I explained the situation and I hope she understood. Lol.

This week was mostly street contacting, so we met some cool people.
One was a Dad and son in a rough situation and wanting some Gospel in
their lives, they really needed to hear the plan of salvation and I
think they have some good potential. Then we talked to these two drunk
guys. Oh boy, drunk people are funny. After turning down their beers
they were all like, "Look at us, doing this bad stuff. We need the
truth man, yanno?" I don't think we got anywhere with them, but their
aunt offered to make us dinner another day, so yanno, I guess it was
worth it. Ahah.

Oh also, my tan lines are looking so great.

Oh yeah, and all the Mexican women call me Elder Chiquito or Cara Niño
(baby face) Haha they don't even care to learn my name! 😂 in the
English branch I'm now known as the branch's newest deacon! C'mon I
look like a man! Right?..

But anyway, that was my week. Not as exciting, but still some good
stuff as always. Love all of you! Choose the Right, Endure to the End
and all that jazz. Love hearing from ya!😁

Elder Thorkelson

Gotta love the Graffiti😊

Graffiti Children
Me and the new mission President

Crazy statue in front of a drug cartel mansion

No comments: