Hola hola,
Pues, this week was fine. My companion and I thought we would try
running. I was so down because yanno, getting fit and stuff. But
anyway, one morning we ran and I was feeling so good then, then 3/4 of
a mile and we had to stop while a person, I won't mention who, had to
throw up. Yanno, it was worth a shot. Lol.😂
Also, to celebrate that Graciela, mi abuelita, has a baptismal date,
we went and got some snow-cones. They were below satisfactory
snow-cones... But that's not what matters. Later that week, we had
dinner scheduled with Graciela because she's so great. She planned out
this whole meal of authentic tacos and just as she was about to start
making the tortillas, the power went out. It was such a shame. And
starved that night.... But nah it's alright, she gave them to us and
we made them for lunch. Anyway, that night we taught her the Word of
Wisdom and she's like "oh yes, I already live that." Like, sweet
that's perfect!😂
We met this guy named Julian and he was sweet! Super nice and seemed
interested in our message about families. We will see where that goes.
I kicked my first dog this week! It was fantastic. We were just
walking down the road and these weird chihuahua things have the
audacity to come for my ankles. Who do they think they are? As soon as
they touched my leg, I just gave it a nice kick. Awww, Mexicans and
their abundance of dogs. Haha
Also, I taught a man in his underpants. That was unexpected.
We are still working with Jerry. We gotta focus on like, his family
not not liking us. That's all.💁🏼 after that we were riding around
and found a live Beatles cover band performing at a park. That was
neat.
Oh man, we went to some recent converts to share a lesson, and first
thing they are like, "¡encontramos una rata muerta!" Hahah, so we had
to dispose of that. Oh yeah, you don't speak Spanish, well, they found
a dead rat. It was in the air vent place thing so the whole house
smelled literally like death. It is fine.
Later that night we found some real potential. We visited the Falcon
family. We had met them before, but today we talked about the Plan of
Salvation. We initially went for the son, because the mom was
"Catolica" like everyone else in Del Rio, but she was super involved
this time. We also brought a white couple, who luckily spoke Spanish,
and they were able to describe the sealing power better than we could.
Hermana Falcon was super interested, saying "I hope to do that one
day!" .... Perfect! Her husband is less active truck driver... So I
mean, he's just usually gone every Sunday. But it was sweet to see her
so excited and she wants to go to church now, woo! That always brings
my spirits up.
On the way home, we saw a neat cactus and it had some neat flowers
growing on it. Elder Niebergall thought it would be a good idea to
touch the flower, so he picked it off. Bad idea. Lol he got so many
tiny cactus prickles all over both hands. What a guy. That night he
suffered and couldn't touch anything.
Well Yanno what? I guess this week was just dandy. Haha sweet! I hope
you don't mind that my email is just a bunch of random stories put
together...
Anyway, those are my stories. I love you all.❤️
Elder Thorkelson
PS sorry I'm late. Another elder lost his iPad and it was hectic.
No comments:
Post a Comment