Hey everyone it is a good day here in Texas. I am running out of time
because I gotta go get something to eat, but I hope you are all
enjoying your Christmas season! I had a pretty good week. Let's see if
I can remember it... well for one, it is so super cold right now.
Humidity is just super lame. Haha. Saturday it was 80 degrees!!! And
that night it dropped to 30! I thought Utah was nuts.
Oh yes, this week was sweet! And it started out great because me and
my companion invented an amazing dish of French Toast. We didn't have
any vanilla so we added root beer flavoring (I don't know why we had
that. Lol). Turns out that Root Beer flavored French toast is above
satisfactory! Who woulda known?!
| Read between the lines... "cute" |
Then we had Zone conference and it was really good! There was lots of
music and Jazz and then we broke the word of wisdom for lunch (Do all
Texans only eat meat??😂). President Polley focused a lot on Sabbath
Day observance and how important it is. I love the way he talks. It's
so calm and soft, yet so powerful. He's truly a great guy. Yanno, the
Sabbath Day is a neat day. It's like, literally a commandment to take
one day out of the week to REST and relax and think about the more
important things in life. What a day.
This week was good. We got 6 new investigators. Getting investigators
is great and all, but it is soooo hard to get them to church. And it's
mostly because they don't have cars and the building is 40 minutes
away. We continue to try though! One day we will succeed.
| Planning... |
I wrote a whole page in my journal backwards... so I don't wanna take
the time to translate that, but I think that day was a good one. We
had the Christmas party and we actually had a family show up! The
Diamond family. We haven't really taught them anything.... but maybe
this means that we will now! They are a weird family, but yanno, the
Gospel is for everyone! I love them. Haha.
We gave talks on Sunday and I think it went pretty well... Well i hope
so. All I saw was that I needed to fill up 15 minutes, so I did
that... I hope I wasn't repetitive, but it was good. I talked about
the attitude we should have during Christmas Season. And yanno what??
Having a good attitude has a lot to do with true Faith in Christ. If
any of us could comprehend what True Faith in Christ is, we would have
solved the big riddle of life. But all we gotta do is keep trying.
That'll make us happier.😊
I love you all and I hope you all have a very merry Christmas. ❤️
Elder Thorkelson
P.O. Box 766
Yorktown, Texas 78164
No comments:
Post a Comment