Sunday, January 29, 2017

Día 266 We caught the mouse named Stetson

Hello!
It's just me, your friendly neighborhood Elder Thorkelson reporting on
the experiences of life I had this week in The York.

The District


This week was pretty neat I must say. Tuesdee we had exchanges so that
was a hoot. I always truly enjoy the company of the District Leader,
Elder Smith. He is a swell guy. We talk about all sorts of good stuff.
We have very similar minds we found out as we discussed the
pre-mission life, so that's always fun. I love exchanges because I
always find someone to teach in Spanish which is one thing I love.
Spanish is so great. Except I started complaining in Spanish in the
Grocery Store and this guy responded and I was like, oh shoot, I
forgot that the majority of the population can also speak Spanish.
Haha. Oops.

Splits


Wednesday was neat. Bro Zuniga made it through his Baptism interview
so... he should be baptized this week. That is the plan. So that's
exciting! 😁

Thursday I believe was he day that we caught the mouse! So this lil
guy has the audacity to just munch on all of our bread! The suspicions
were strong for about a week. And suddenly the whole zone knew about
it and they wanted updates on the mouse. Lol.😂 Elder Christensen set
up various traps and none of them worked, so finally we resorted to
the good ole Mousetrap. Caught him within the day, that lil goon.
Elder Smith named him Stetson.

We caught Stetson



FRIDAY, was just a day. We did a lot of service, but not much else.

Saturday was like, the best day. We started the day we had a sweet
lesson with a new investigator named Chelo! And she started reading
the Book of Mormon too! That's always nice. Then we went to the Golden
apartment complex and of course we had some amazing lessons there.
Haha. One lady was telling us how she was reading and now understands
the priesthood! Then we met a gang of several investigators. They were
all just chatting and apparently they were boxing earlier. They wanted
me and Elder Christensen to box because they thought it'd be hilarious
to see "two mormons box." So we gave into peer pressure and had a
showdown in the parking lot. It was super intense. Lol.

Just kidding, that's a lie.

But that bunch of people told us that the whole apartment complex has
got our backs if we ever need help. Haha. We've talked to just about
everyone there... especially since we just got another new
investigator there after that. So cool. Later that night we stopped by
the pizza place again and we were the only ones there.. again. We
chatted with the owner and made him happy he said. So that's neat! He
also gave us free pizza again. What a guy! 🍕.... THEN we went back to
the York and it was past 8 so we decided to stop by and see our good
ole neighbor, Bill. We knocked on his house and they warmly greeted
us. And Bobby was there too! (These are the 2 rich guys in the
community who aren't members, but they love us) They invited us in and
turns out they were having steak! So they gave us some steak and
potatoes and they asked us all sorts of stuff about us Mormons. It was
so great! And his house is like a museum. So cool.

So that day we had 10 lessons, got free pizza, and ended with a steak
dinner. What an amazing day!

A couple of goons


This week I was really studying the Will of God. Yanno, I always
"knew" it was what I should do. But something always bothered me about
the concept. For whatever reason I thought that if I were to do that,
I would turn into a religious robot and be no fun. But I've been
studying and thinking and came to the realization that, nooo we won't
turn into robots. God made each one of us unique and different. We all
have different abilities and talents. As we follow God's will we will
slowly find the path to reach our full potential. Within the plan of
salvation, we each have our own personalized plans to reach happiness
in this life. Because of the fall of Adam and Eve, the natural man is
an enemy to God and as we follow our own will, it never brings lasting
happiness... God knows what it takes to make our spirits happy and as
we do what he asks, it brings joy. Life is so simple and yet so hard
because the natural man drags us further from God.

I love you all! I hope we can all find the Joy that's prepared for us.😊❤️

Elder Thorkelson


Image result for Yorktown texas on the map

No comments: