This week flew right on by I don't even know really what to say..
Hmm... Well this morning we met this Mexican guy working outside the
church. He's super nice and took us out to get kolaches y donuts for
lunch. Yanno, in most cases, don't trust strangers. In other cases,
just follow the spirit 😝 haha he was a member too. What a guy.
| When you buy a whole cake for a potluck and no one eats the cake so you just take it home and eat it after a long day. #LivingTheDream |
Sometimes when you're working hard, you just forget about time. We had
several great lessons. There was a woman we talked to and she was
like, "so can we set like, 2 times a week when you both can come over
and teach me?" Hahaha, that never happens! So now we have 2 set times
for every week. Woo!
| Yo amo mucho la zona. Pero, no sé la razón por escoger esta foto, porque mi cara es rara. Andale pues. |
Then we also had the missionary broadcast this week. The whole zone
gathered at the stake center to watch it. It was super good! And some
really neat changes to the missionary schedule and key indicators.
Basically we have a lot of responsibility now and it's up to us how
effective we are going to be. It takes a lot of stress away and I like
it a lot. Elder Bednar said some great things that just opened my eyes
about how to be a better missionary. And if there was one word that
stuck out to me it was "patience." Yanno, God has funny timing
sometimes. But if you are patient through all your trials or whatever
you are facing, you will be delivered. And same principle for
investigators. We just need patience.
Neato.
Then it got super cold again and I had forgotten a sweater after we
had embarked on our journey for the day. There was no turning back and
I was freezing all night. Sure enough, now I have a cold. 😕 it is
fine. I'm a big kid and can handle big kid things... Except for
listening to people practice scales on the piano. That's a random pet
peeve I just found out😂
Saturday, we had a Baptism! Brother Zuniga was baptized and it was
awesome! I didn't realize all the work that a baptismal service takes,
but Saturday was a stressful day. We were barely able to find Brother
Zuniga a ride to his own baptism!😂 but it ended up awesome! And I
conducted, so that was weird. I felt like a responsible adult kind of
person. A couple investigators went as well, so it was a great
experience for them. And let's just say that I'm glad that a big
strong member baptized him because I might have lost control. Haha.
| As you can tell Brother Zuniga was thrilled. Hahaha, I don't know what face he's pulling but I love this Guy! |
Anyway the whole week kinda built up to that and now it's over
already! How crazy. But baptism days are good days for missionaries.
Love you all! Update me on your lives por favor! Mucha apreciación.
CTR & ETTE
<3 span="">
Elder Thorkelson
P.O. Box 766
Yorktown, Texas 781643>
No comments:
Post a Comment