Hey hi hello. (as the hipster teenage girls say)
This week was pretty good. It started off pretty silly, I'd say. Because we had a lesson with one of our investigators who is about our age and she starts talking about music and what kind of music we listened to before the mission. Of course my compa says MoTab (this is fact) and I'm just sitting there frazzled because I don't know whether I should encourage the music I listened to or not as a missionary. Dah, my brain froze because I didn't want my companion to think differently of me and such. I later decided that I just gotta be honest with people. It's a way to relate and build common ground with people. Music is a huge part of my life and plus, my music taste is the most superior, so...
![]() |
| The De Los Santos made a cute, completely homemade Chinese dish (btw, Shawn ate this!) |
Anyway, it continued on to be a good week. We had zone conference on Wednesday which was crazy. It was all the way up in Round Rock (which is the top of the mission above Austin). So I had to drive for days. The cool part was on the way up there we drove through the hill country side of Texas. It's suuuuper pretty. So many (almost) mountains! And really green and foggy. I didn't know that Texas had that side... But zone conference was great. President Polley focused a lot of Agency and Love. He made clear that it's important to express your love, but that doesn't mean you tell a teenage girl you love her. Haha, she'll, get the wrong idea e'ry tyne. Silly missionaries. One thing that I pulled away was that love casts out fear. Fear is the opposite of faith. So if we rewrite the equation, love brings increased faith. As we Love our Savior, we will follow his commandments, which brings greater faith and understanding. Neat!
Also, I saw Elder Spencer Dunford at zone conference! It's always good to see a familiar face in the mission. He was SBO President at Bingham. He's almost done with his mission... Crazy how all my friends are on their way home basically.
![]() |
| who is that handsome devil in the sunglasses? |
![]() |
| me being a goose |
![]() |
| leave the district leader in charge of exchange pics... |
OH and one of our new investigators is named Zelda, hence the subject name. Hah
So we had a lesson with an investigator in a members home. That was sweet! We were talking and followed up with him about how his scripture studies were going and he's like, uh well I already read the whole thing. Lol. He went on to summarize the whole Book of Mormon for us. It was sweet! We met him like 3 weeks ago. He is progressing really well and tells everyone at church that he's a member. Haha.
Also, a less active family came to church for the first time in years yesterday. It made me so happy I love that family.
And! The rich guy in the community saw us driving around and long story short he gave us coconut pie and spaghetti. Sometimes I love people so much.
I taught a lesson in Spanish yesterday. Spanish is such a wonderful thing and I feel like despite me being in an English area for 6 months, I am so much better than I was in Del Rio. The lesson ended up not so good, jaja, but it was great Spanish practice.
And uh, that's about it! Hope everything is going swell for y'all. Keep me updated.
️
Loves,
Elder Thorkelson
Elder Thorkelson
P.O. Box 766
Yorktown, Texas 78164




No comments:
Post a Comment